Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower update

• 19-11-2014 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

Hi. Have a bathroom that is in need of a bit of a refurb. unfortunately budget doesn't allow at the moment, so we are thinking of just taking out the existing shower tray and shower door (which is broken), and replacing them. Shower door only needs to be functional, nothing fancy. A plastic sliding door is perfectly fine. Shower tray needs to be only basic too!

Just wondering how much we should expect to pay for a)materials and b)labour??
    Also, who does this job? A plumber is my first guess, but I'm not certain Bevause it doesn't involve any pipes!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

No pipes involved in replacing shower tray???
    What about tiles?
    average 300 euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

No pipes involved in replacing shower tray???
    What about tiles?
    average 300 euros

I just meant that because it's purely cosmetic, there's not much actual dealing with the pipes- it seems as though it would be very straightforward (obviously not straightforward enough that I would do it myself!!). Its more the shower door I was wondering about who to get to do it.

No tiles.

jlm29 wrote: »
    I just meant that because it's purely cosmetic, there's not much actual dealing with the pipes- it seems as though it would be very straightforward (obviously not straightforward enough that I would do it myself!!). Its more the shower door I was wondering about who to get to do it.

No tiles.

There's a difference between replacing just a shower door and replacing whole shower tray and doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

There's a difference between replacing just a shower door and replacing whole shower tray and doors.

Yes that's quite obvious. What I said in my last post was that I was wondering who should do the shower door. As the shower door has no relationship to the pipes, that seems as though it might not be a plumbers job. But maybe this is something they often do. I'm not sure, because I'm not a plumber.
    You seem to need clarification on this.

Anyone with head and hands in right place can do it, so You can look for a handyman or carpenter, because plumbers can be costly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

You should consider buying the doors and base second hand as there is very good value to be had thru adverts.ie or donedeal.ie . Will leave you more money for labour.

Advertisement