Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely slow download on certain website

Options
  • 19-11-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So on my laptop I can't download anything from certain websites. Rapidshare and nvidia drivers are 2 that I can think of. If i try downloading anything from those websites, it will download at 10 kbp/s and fail after a few minutes. Any other website and Steam I can download files from at around 700 kbp/s.

I would appreciate it if you could look into this for me please.

Thanks,

Cian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Hi,

So on my laptop I can't download anything from certain websites. Rapidshare and nvidia drivers are 2 that I can think of. If i try downloading anything from those websites, it will download at 10 kbp/s and fail after a few minutes. Any other website and Steam I can download files from at around 700 kbp/s.

I would appreciate it if you could look into this for me please.

Thanks,

Cian.

Hi Cian

I think the following announcement will be of interest to you : http://bit.ly/1xBWACW - from my experience the issues discussed there are centre to the issues you would be experiencing.

I'm hoping to have more information on this soon although I do still recommend contacting technical support (1890260260) to investigate and resolve any other attributing possible factors

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Thanks for the reply, I'm just home today and it seems to have been fixed! So all good.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply, I'm just home today and it seems to have been fixed! So all good.

Thanks again.
    Ok Ciano35

Great to hear

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mor-Riomhaire

Hi Alan,

Any more news on that posting? The notification is two weeks old and in those two weeks the service appears to be getting worse?

Ciano35, at this time get yourself a decent VPN. When I've experienced issues over the past few months, simply connecting to the VPN has resolved this.

Cheers,

Mor...

Hi Alan,

Any more news on that posting? The notification is two weeks old and in those two weeks the service appears to be getting worse?

Ciano35, at this time get yourself a decent VPN. When I've experienced issues over the past few months, simply connecting to the VPN has resolved this.

Cheers,

Mor...
    Hi Mor-Riomhaire

Unfortunately I have no further clarification on this but as soon as I do I will post to this thread right away

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Cheers,

Mor...
    My internet is fine at the moment, but will keep this in mind. Have you any recommendations for a VPN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Alan,

Cheers,

Mor...
    My internet is fine at the moment, but will keep this in mind. Have you any recommendations for a VPN?
    Hi Ciano35

Over the past two weeks, we have added additional network capacity to support our broadband services. Customers should now be experiencing improved performance to many sites, including YouTube.

Further capacity to other networks will be added next week, and we will update you once this is in place.

We do appreciate your patience in this and will post here as soon as we have more information.

We do post further updates here 

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks Tony I would appreciate that.

Cian

Advertisement