Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break in private health cover while travelling

Options
  • 19-11-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭

Travelling out of the country over New Years, Dec 27th - Jan 3rd, wife has private health cover until Dec 31st through employer, her employment also ends on Dec 31st.

She starts a new job on Jan 5th, new employer will set up & provide private health cover with different insurer

Going to purchase an annual multitrip insurance product but what do I do about the couple of days gap in her private health cover, should I just click the 'no private health ins' option & take the hit on the discount, New years trip is to the US

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,941 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, tick it. It's really not that much of a hit, compared to the costs of a car accident in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I would advise you to tick the box saying your wife has no private health insurance re the annual travel policy. It will be more expensive but if any thing happens in the Us you need to be covered.

I would also advise your wife that when she cancel her present health insurance here in Ireland that she get a letter from this company stating that she was insured with them from x to y date. Send a copy of this letter to her new insurance company so she they know she has covered her waiting periods if she has to make a claim at a later date.

Advertisement