Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier has disappeared

Options
  • 19-11-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, have an issue and need some advice.

A supplier of mine seems to have gone out of business, they supplied electronic goods. They owe me a few hundred euro as I had some products that I'd sent back to them under warranty, which weren't repaired nor refunded. I've phoned their number but another company is in that office/space now - have been told that while they still 'exist' they don't have any contact details.

I've also been told that the woman who ran the previous business bought the premesis and has started up a new operation with her brother - very similar operation.

I thought if a business was winding down - going into voluntary liquidation - they had to appoint a receiver who would divide up the assets among they creditors, I've not been contacted at all about this.

Anyone any ideas how I can find out what's happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

As an unsecured creditor of an operation that has ceased trading you are unlikely to ever see any money, irrespective of whether they have been officially wound up or not. Like Home Store & More, when they are gone, they are gone. If you have some info about naughtiness, confront the owners that you will take it official if they don't fix you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Are they in Ireland? Look at the company name in the CRO. Ascertain its status. Talk to other customers of that supplier.

I'm not going to get into the legal definition argument on what you call "voluntary liquidation" and then "receivership" but no, you cannot legally just walk from your debts without going through the appropriate hoops.

Advertisement