Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull v Spurs 23.11.14

Options
  • 19-11-2014 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Well international break is over and we have all calmed down after our latest disaster :-)

Big game away to Hull who wont be easy to beat at all. Hudd and Livermore will be eager to show we were wrong to sell them

Kane scores a brace for U21's , will poch start him ? I dont think so

2-1 defeat for us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

For the first time in a long time this Spurs team has sapped the positivity out of me. I don't see us beating anyone anymore after that Stoke match. Very demoralising.

We might fluke the League Cup this year which would constitute some salvaging of the season.

1-0 to Hull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Dunno what to expect. just hoping to see some improvement, players maybe starting to come to grips with Poch's system. Hopefully we can try defending a little too.

My expectations are now very low. I would like to see us finish outside Europa league thingy positions, just.

I would also love to see us starting next season with the same manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

1-2 to Spurs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Unfortunately I also think we'll lose again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Were wounded prey at the minute, playing Hull City Tigers is appropriate then. Players should be relatively well rested and had there pow wow.

Pochettino has got to do away with the current formation, it's not working. Revisit it when you have the players at your disposal. He may have started Kane last time out, but he sure as hell didn't give him any support.

Do away with the lone striker, it's pointless, we don't have that caliber of player. Currently 3-4 players are putting in a shift, the others are getting payed a hefty whack for doing nowt.

Kaboul - Dier - Vertonghen - Davies...That's my back four for, playing Dier at RB is suicide.

We've been bad for a long period at home. Away support is always top notch.

Back of the net Tottenham win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Dunno what to expect. just hoping to see some improvement, players maybe starting to come to grips with Poch's system. Hopefully we can try defending a little too.

My expectations are now very low. I would like to see us finish outside Europa league thingy positions, just.

I would also love to see us starting next season with the same manager.

They have been away on international duty so i reckon they will actually be less comfortable with poch's system then before they left

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Ah here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davies could start Sunday, Rose sustained a rib injury apparently. I don't confess to know a lot about the Welsh lad.

Anytime I've seen him he's looked nervous, being in and out of the team isn't helping his confidence. But he can cross the ball. Plus the other Welsh lad we had was rather good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Davies could start Sunday, Rose sustained a rib injury apparently. I don't confess to know a lot about the Welsh lad.

Anytime I've seen him he's looked nervous, being in and out of the team isn't helping his confidence. But he can cross the ball. Plus the other Welsh lad we had was rather good.

Yeah Simon Davies wasn't too bad... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Dawson to be an absolute rock huddlestone to boss midfield and let's see...... Who's short on confidence and hasn't scored in a while....... Jelavic. Yeah he'll score two and we'll go down with a whimper 2-0.
    Very optimistic aren't i.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tom1ie wrote: »
    Dawson to be an absolute rock huddlestone to boss midfield and let's see...... Who's short on confidence and hasn't scored in a while....... Jelavic. Yeah he'll score two and we'll go down with a whimper 2-0.
    Very optimistic aren't i.

I'd say you are spot on

mickman wrote: »
    I'd say you are spot on

Really hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The performance and the result tomorrow will go along way to telling us what the remainder of the season will be like and the short to medium term future of Poch is.

(Let's me be clear..I do NOT want Poch sacked, fired, dismissed or to resign under any circumstances).

The team has 2 weeks to regroup and have some clear the air talks.

For the 1st time the players themselves rather than the management have come under scrutiny from the media and neutral football fans so let's see how they respond.

plus we are away from home.

We'll play decent enough and win by 1 goal but it will be shaky stuff at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Big game tomorrow, hopefully they can put the dismal recent displays behind and move forward.

The performance and the result tomorrow will go along way to telling us what the remainder of the season will be like and the short to medium term future of Poch is.

(Let's me be clear..I do NOT want Poch sacked, fired, dismissed or to resign under any circumstances).

The team has 2 weeks to regroup and have some clear the air talks.

For the 1st time the players themselves rather than the management have come under scrutiny from the media and neutral football fans so let's see how they respond.

plus we are away from home.

We'll play decent enough and win by 1 goal but it will be shaky stuff at times.

The fact that it's the players getting stick for a change is what gives me hope.
    It's false hope though as they've a contract. The manager has one but it can be terminated for poor results. Unfortunately I don't think a players can. If it could there'd be 5 or 6 who'd be trying a lot harder and we wouldn't be where we are now. Maybe we should be the first team to bring it in ........ Pfa would never allow it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I fear tomorrow we will have the better individual players but again be outclassed by a hardworking team with some pride in the jersey \club and respect for the manager....

I fear for us this season same repetitive gutless sh1te every game.
    Complacent bastards :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

davycc wrote: »
    I fear tomorrow we will have the better individual players but again be outclassed by a hardworking team with some pride in the jersey \club and respect for the manager....

I fear for us this season same repetitive gutless sh1te every game.
    Complacent bastards :-(

On the plus side we have a water-tight defence.

Seriously though, we need a couple of transfer windows for Poch to get some of his own players in. In the mean time we just have to hope things get slowly better. I think Poch has to be given time to weed out the sh1t. We should lower our expectations until August when hopefully Levy will have backed the manager in two transfers windows.

I wouldnt even bother guessing whats going to happen today.

Ah here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

G'wan outta that You blew it last game week.

Not even your game threads can save us these days

My Team for today.

Lorris
    Kaboul - Dier - Vertonghen - Davies
    Lennon - Capoue - Mason - Lamela
    Soldado - Kane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

We'll win, we play better away from home. A win puts us level with Arsenal and Everton so not bad for our shambles of a start to the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    We'll win, we play better away from home. A win puts us level with Arsenal and Everton so not bad for our shambles of a start to the season

Liking your confidence, but unfortunately am not as confident. A win here would be massive to maybe get momentum going again.

#THFC team: Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane, Soldado. #COYS

Dier will need protection.

#THFC subs: Vorm, Ball, Chiriches, Ceballos, Lennon, Paulinho, Stambouli

Who's Ball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

#THFC team: Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane, Soldado. #COYS

Kane playing off Soldado, looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

delighted with that side, COYS

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Kane playing off Soldado, looking forward to it now.

They play well together, hoping Ceballos gets some game time. Just run at Dawson or balls over the top.

Ben Arfa I see is playing, can be a tricky player.

Captain Hugo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Who's Ball?

Gareth Ball.. he is the Pro Evolution version of a certain Welshman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great to see 2 young lads on the bench

• Advertisement

No Ade or Kaboul ... Not even on the bench?

Advertisement