Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull v Spurs 23.11.14

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Eriksen was much better when he dropped deeper into the 2 with Mason. Could try turn him into a new Modric, dictating the play

Nail on head here. His best form last season was under Sherwood when he played centrally in a 4-4-2. He is not as effective when played in the hole behind a lone striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Last two wins were courtesy of a sending off against two sh1t teams let's be honest.
    The entire cast of ER couldn't perform the surgery required on that squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

golfball37 wrote: »
    Last two wins were courtesy of a sending off against two sh1t teams let's be honest.
    The entire cast of ER couldn't perform the surgery required on that squad.

Valid point, we were awful up until the red card in both games. Big test next Sunday against Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Very important win imo. We need to keep away from the bottom or else Levy will feel compelled to dismiss another manager. Not a good performance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote:
    It actually was a relief to see ade no where near the squad. I reckon he is finished now , prob busy with the old witch craft anyways

Yeah. I reckon Poch had 1 to 1 ' s with the senior players and based on the feedback he decided to drop Ade and maybe Kaboul too.

story with Chadli ?.... Apparently injured which did my fantasy football team no favours but I didn't hear anything in the lead up to the match over the last couple of days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

2points off 4th....go figure...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

2points off 4th....go figure...

last year we were three points of top four forever. How good were we last year?????

Still, get a bit of confidence and a couple of top class replacements in Jan, who knows? Could get 4th or 14th!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    last year we were three points of top four forever. How good were we last year?????

Still, get a bit of confidence and a couple of top class replacements in Jan, who knows? Could get 4th or 14th!

Liverpool and Arsenal are trying very hard to have worse seasons than us so January will definitely be an indication of whether we want to get fourth or want to roll into a hole and finish mid table.

Its amazing how similar it is at Liverpool at the moment. Went from a great season last season to 2 points off relegation 1/3rd of the way through this season.

Its funny how the 'one man team' jibes can come back and bite you in the ass.

Fourth is a complete possibility the club just needs to want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lennon did well when introduced.
    Davies had probably his best game, nothing amazing, but solid.

Dier isn't a RB, looked more threatening when Vlad came on. Although still prone to mistakes, but a safer bet than at CB.
    Fazio misjudged a few headers, but was a bit better.

Kane scored again!
    Soldado just needs one to trickle in.
    Lamella me'h.

Fans were different class, away game for me next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Lennon did well when introduced.
    Davies had probably his best game, nothing amazing, but solid.

Dier isn't a RB, looked more threatening when Vlad came on. Although still prone to mistakes, but a safer bet than at CB.
    Fazio misjudged a few headers, but was a bit better.

Kane scored again!
    Soldado just needs one to trickle in.
    Lamella me'h.

Fans were different class, away game for me next.

This is true. Vlad did well when he came on which was a huge surprise

we all thought the result at villa would be our turnaround so lets not get ahead of ourselves - if we have a stinker against everton at home next weekend then we will be back to square one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    if we have a stinker against everton at home next weekend then we will be back to square one

We play Partizan at home on Thursday, another win and especially at home would boost confidence for Sunday. Everton is always a tough fixture though. I'd keep that back four who finished yesterday, unless Walker is fit.

Everton play Wolfsburg away on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Maybe Adebayor was right about playing away, there's far less stress and the fans get behind them (as witnessed yesterday.)

Though, other teams play very differently against us when they're at home. Even though Hull were 1 up, I always felt there was a goal there for us. Had the match been at WHL, Hull would have complete shut us out as soon as they went 1 up.

I think Poch needs to focus on clean sheets at home. If the other team hasn't scored then they might be a little more likely to take risks.

Advertisement