Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque

Options
  • 19-11-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi there, I have a credit union/bank of ireland cheque that I want to lodge to my ptsb bank account. My "local" branch is 40 mins drive away. What are my options? Do I have to drive to ptsb or can I lodge it another way? Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thisname wrote: »
    Hi there, I have a credit union/bank of ireland cheque that I want to lodge to my ptsb bank account. My "local" branch is 40 mins drive away. What are my options? Do I have to drive to ptsb or can I lodge it another way? Thanks:)

You can post it - obviously you take the risk of it getting lost though. If posting just put in a note with your account number and asking them to lodge it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Thisname

I was thinking of that but is it safe? I mean if it gets lost someone has my bank details..what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thisname wrote: »
    I was thinking of that but is it safe? I mean if it gets lost someone has my bank details..what do you think?

I've done it before but only you can decide whether to risk it or drive over

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Thisname

True, could always cancel the cheque if the bank doesn't receive it. Think it takes a few days to clear being a boi cheque. Think I'll just drive over anyway altogether. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement