Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone with good camera budget €175

• 19-11-2014 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Hi am looking to get my wife a new phone for Christmas she currently has a Nokia 900 and is looking to change to Android.The camera quality would trump any other features decent speed and battery would be great also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Porbably everyone will say the Moto G. Which probably is the best phone at that money. But I think myself sometimes other phones like Samsung and HTC mini's have better camera's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

if you can up the budget to 188 you can get the LG G2 from Vodafone up north, great camera, i doubt you will get a better camera for the money tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

beauf wrote: »
    Porbably everyone will say the Moto G. Which probably is the best phone at that money. But I think myself sometimes other phones like Samsung and HTC mini's have better camera's.
    A friend has the Moto G and the camera is it's weakest feature he thinks am tempted to go for the xperia m2

+ what it costs to get it from the north and unlocked. Where in the North?

+ what it costs to get it from the north and unlocked. Where in the North?

It was available in their online store, but at this minute in time its only available instore, to unlock is about €1.50 on ebay. was considering one for my girlfriend who has a moto g, she loves it but wants a better camera. Ilive 30min from Newry

• Advertisement

dinorebel wrote: »
    A friend has the Moto G and the camera is it's weakest feature he thinks am tempted to go for the xperia m2

The M2 isn't meant to have a good camera either. Ironically in recent years the Sony's Xperia camera's haven't been as good as they should be. The M2 also doesn't have Gorilla Glass. The Lumia 735 would an option only its Windows Phone. I'd be tempted by a S4 mini.

You going bill pay or prepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Not a fan of the camera on the HTC one, which is their top of the line phone. Poor focusing and even poorer dynamic range. We went on holiday recently and used it for all our snaps, can't tell you how disappointed we were, it ruined half the photos. We normally get fantastic photos with a several years old Fuji cool pix.

I couldn't be bothered carrying a separate camera and really regretted it. Never again.

We couldn't tell the quality of the photos till we uploaded them to a laptop when we got home.

That because the HTC one has a 4MP (ultra pixel camera) where as the HTC mini 2 has a regular 13mp camera.

The One apparently can get ok pictures if you really know what you are doing. But its never going to be a hi res camera.

Another option is the older S3 but its quite an old model now and no longer getting updates.

The LG G2 is meant to be a great phone. Better than the later G3 according to some.

Honestly when it comes to performance battery and camera i cant see the lads coming up with anything that trumps the G2 if you can get your hands on it jump on it

• Advertisement

The M2 isn't meant to have a good camera either. Ironically in recent years the Sony's Xperia camera's haven't been as good as they should be. The M2 also doesn't have Gorilla Glass. The Lumia 735 would an option only its Windows Phone. I'd be tempted by a S4 mini.

You going bill pay or prepay?
    Prepay I have the xperia L and am happy enough with it but would like to get her something better just seen the LG G2 MINI at 150 which may be an option.

Where did you see that? Link?

Seems to match the S4 mini in the camera

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g2_mini-review-1070p8.php

The LG 2 would be better obviously

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g2-review-982p9.php

Where did you see that?
    Amazon Uk

They are back on the Vodafone.co.UK site if your quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The LG G2 is an awesome phone but not a chance in hell of getting it new within your budget.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement