Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny 5, Sun 25 Jan 2015

Options
  • 19-11-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭

Time to open this one up as it's my next goal race. Will be trying to dip under the 30.

Entry link

Some good (albeit 10k) McMillan workouts are here, which I'll be giving a bash in the run up to it also.

Who else is running it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

I'll be there, for the third year in a row. If I beat my previous efforts I suppose I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Great race, it would take a lot to make me miss it
    Will be part of an invading force this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 runinfinity

What's the course like? Could be worth considering as an incentive to keep up the training over Christmas!

What's the course like? Could be worth considering as an incentive to keep up the training over Christmas!

The course is very fair :);)

Its a great race, huge crowds, lots of support on the way around, great atmosphere, chocolate in the goody bag at the end...

race threads from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Signed up and also targeting sub 30!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 runinfinity

RayCun wrote: »

Its a great race, huge crowds, lots of support on the way around, great atmosphere, chocolate in the goody bag at the end...

Sold :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I beg to differ, there was no choclate in my bag last year....i was very upset :-) all the rest is true, lovely course, great crowd etc. I'll be back hoping to smash last years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I'm thinking of signing up. It would be my first race that was more than 5k so it will be a nice challenge and a stepping stone to try a 10k eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Just registered.

Better get back training so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Signed up - probably my favourite race of 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Really wanted to do this last year but I was injured. Already signed up for this year and looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

This will be my winter target race all going well. Looking forward to it, great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

What are buses on a Sunday like to Raheny? I'd love to sign up for this but if I can't get to it from town, there'd be no point right?

What are buses on a Sunday like to Raheny? I'd love to sign up for this but if I can't get to it from town, there'd be no point right?

the DART leaves you five minutes walk from the race centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

the DART leaves you five minutes walk from the race centre

Oh brilliant! Thank you!

Count me in then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Would love to do this. Havnt ran further than 5k but could make this my goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Just another 3k extra and you've two months to go. Sign up now and go for it. It's a great race.

Hope to make it three in a row this year myself. Ideally the weather will be a bit better than the last two. You really feel those gale force winds out by the coast.

Do it. We can make the leap past 5k together. My aim is to do this and then at some point next year, go all out and do a 10k.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I plan on this been my first race of 2015, first time doing it but its my area of the city so know the course. Its nice to have a race to look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MKDTH

Any idea if there is a closing date for entries? I've noticed on the registration page that they do not accept entry on the day.

2014 injuries mean I will leave most races as late as possible to enter.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

MKDTH wrote: »
    Any idea if there is a closing date for entries? I've noticed on the registration page that they do not accept entry on the day.

Cheers

They accept 'em on the day (I've been inputting them the last few years :P), but like all these things, it's polite to register before then.

KJ wrote: »
    Do it. We can make the leap past 5k together. My aim is to do this and then at some point next year, go all out and do a 10k.

KJ, only seen your post now. I've the same plan. This will be the 3rd race we've been in together i think, we need boards vests:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

MKDTH wrote: »

Cheers

I'm fairly sure online entry only closes the night before the race.

KJ, only seen your post now. I've the same plan. This will be the 3rd race we've been in together i think, we need boards vests:D

Haha yeah we definitely need matching tops. Since that post I have signed up for this and gone for the Wicklow Gaol Break 10k.

KJ wrote: »
    Haha yeah we definitely need matching tops. Since that post I have signed up for this and gone for the Wicklow Gaol Break 10k.

Did you do the 10k? How was it?

Did you do the 10k? How was it?
    Oh not yet. I signed up for one. Its in March I think. I figured if I sign up then I won't keep putting it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Sending the walkers off twenty minutes before the runners - do they get in the way?

no, they're strung out and up on the path by the time we catch up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

no, they're strung out and up on the path by the time we catch up
    I suppose thats expected on the northside:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement