Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking Hassles

Options
  • 19-11-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Well folks, I went in to a Bank of Ireland in Galway county with €36 worth of coppers they were in a jar for the last year and were annoying me. I was met with a nice lady who asked how could she help, I said I wanted to lodge €36 worth of coins. She told me to go to Tesco where they have a coin cashing machine and they would cash it for me, I replied that while indeed it would, it would also charge commission and I wanted to lodge it into my account without loosing commission as I had it already counted and bagged. She then informed me that the bank does not accept coins on a Wednesday!!!! She was nice and polite so it's not her that I am upset with, it's the bank!! I rarely go to a bank as I do everything online but I am seriously considering closing my account there and moving bank. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me being behind the times when it comes to physical banking?!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement