Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Phone to Buy In China

• 19-11-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hello All,

I'm going to Shanghai next week and I was thinking of buying myself a Chinese Android phone, although I don't know much about them - what's good value, what will work here, etc. I don't want to pay too much, as with no warranty if it breaks I may not be able to get it repaired. I'm really just looking for a basic android phone, good quality build, with good battery life, good price and preferably with dual sim. I know I could probably buy one online, but I'd assume they might be a little cheaper over there, plus a lower risk of having to pay customs, although I'm not willing to pay crazy money anyway. I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Seamus

I suggest you take a look at the Chinese Android thread on this forum.
    It should tell you all you need to know.

Everything really depends on budget.
    Most of the chinese shops in Dublin can fix the phones. I got a Xiaomi recently and let the screen fall. I got a new screen from China and its in the repair shop at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Hi tatranska,

Thanks for the reply. I already looked at the Chinese Android thread and I got very confused, there are so many options, and yes budget would also dictate many different choices. Also, what's online may not reflect what they sell on the streets of Shanghai - better or worse. I was hoping that maybe someone who has recently been to China, might be able to shed some more light.

Advertisement