If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the cheapest samsung smart tv that has twin tuners?

Options
  • 19-11-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kala85 wrote: »
    As in Satellite and Saorview???

What size are you looking for?

Sorry for all the questions back :o

Give us some info and we will revert asap

Thanks for the post,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Looking for anything from 40 inches up to about 50 inches TV set. I know that there were certain samsungs that came with twin tuners.

Is it possible to record on these TVs as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

Apologies for hijacking the thread but I'm in the market for something similar i.e. Samsung smart tv with SAORVIEW & FTA satellite tuner built-in, round about 40" would be perfect. Wifi would be nice to have but can live without it.

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kala85 wrote: »
    Looking for anything from 40 inches up to about 50 inches TV set. I know that there were certain samsungs that came with twin tuners.

Is it possible to record on these TVs as well??
    Kala,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - the cheapest Combi unit we have is the Samsung UE40H6410 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200494-ue40h6410.aspx its £499.95 / €659.99 ( as always, the euro price includes a 5 year guarantee and delivery) ... this unit has a Freesat HD tuner and EPG and a DVB-T2 tuner for Saorview - however its a rare beast, we have only had a few in for Customer orders so I haven't checked its recording abilities, but I do know from the specs that it will record to USB from at least one of the tuners.

Most of the LG rance, and all the LG's ending in a 'v' also have a built in Free to Air satellite decoder - so you can have a browse around those as well: https://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=42lb

Thanks again and please keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phili_g

Hi John,

Could you please recommend a TV in the 47" range that has satellite and saorview tuners?

I've been looking at the following at the LG 47LB730V, could you recommend any other options from LG, Samsung or Panasonic at a similar price point?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

phili_g wrote: »
    Hi John,

Could you please recommend a TV in the 47" range that has satellite and saorview tuners?

I've been looking at the following at the LG 47LB730V, could you recommend any other options from LG, Samsung or Panasonic at a similar price point?

Thanks
    Hi Phili_g

Unfortunately the 47LB730 is not one that we are stocking any longer.

At the moment screens with both Satellite and Saorview tuners would be:

Samsung UE48H6700 priced at £679.95 / 894.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue48h6700/sams-ue48h6700

Panasonic TX47AS740 priced at £799.00 / 1049.99 Euro (In store only purchase).
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx47as740b/pana-tx47as740b

There are not many screens on the market that have the satellite tuner on board.

I have a feeling that some of the Sony screens also have this tuner but do not list the screen as Freesat.

I'll check up on the Sonys over the weekend and revert back on Monday.

In the mean time any questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.