Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still waiting on details of account and new router

Options
  • 19-11-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi there,

Back around the start of Octobe I switched an account to my name on a rented property we moved into and I still have had NO documentation about this and I'm still waiting on the new router I was promised. Can someone please PM me about this ASAP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mcg1987 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Back around the start of Octobe I switched an account to my name on a rented property we moved into and I still have had NO documentation about this and I'm still waiting on the new router I was promised. Can someone please PM me about this ASAP?
    Hi mcg1987

If you could PM me the account number or specific address I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

Still waiting on a reply to my Pm from 19th Nov. Can someone tell me what's happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi there,

Hi mcg1987

Sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your account no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

Hi there,

Hi mcg1987

Sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your account no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash
    PM sent

Hi there,

Hi mcg1987

Thanks

Ash
    PM sent
    Hi mcg1987

We have been unable to locate an account in your name at the area address you PM'd us. Can you please advise us of the name on the account at the address before you or plug a phone in to the socket and dial 199000 where an automated voice will read back the phone number which you can PM me.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Hi mcg1987

Thanks

Ash
    PM sent
    Hi mcg1987

We have been unable to locate an account in your name at the area address you PM'd us. Can you please advise us of the name on the account at the address before you or plug a phone in to the socket and dial 199000 where an automated voice will read back the phone number which you can PM me.

Thanks
    Al
    You's reps could be doing with communicating more amongst yourselves. As far as I know Aisling has sorted this for me yesterday. She was able to tell me all the details about the account also so I dunno where you're looking to be honest.

Hi there,

Hi mcg1987

Thanks

Ash
    PM sent
    Hi mcg1987

Thanks
    Al
    You's reps could be doing with communicating more amongst yourselves. As far as I know Aisling has sorted this for me yesterday. She was able to tell me all the details about the account also so I dunno where you're looking to be honest.
    Apologies mcg1987

Aisling is on leave today but you're right, apologies

Al

Cheers Al, please see my latest PM to yourself.

Cheers Al, please see my latest PM to yourself.
    Hi mcg1987

Yes I got that thanks, I've request information on this and as soon as I have this I'll be back to you right away

Thanks
    Al

still haven't had a reply to my message last week or anything in the post regarding router just an over the top first bill which I'm waiting for word on from the message.

• Advertisement

still haven't had a reply to my message last week or anything in the post regarding router just an over the top first bill which I'm waiting for word on from the message.

Hi mcg1987

I have looked in to this in detail and I can confirm that your bill is for two months of the package in advance (28th of October to the 27th of December = 47.16 ex vat) The package charge is €29 inc vat per month but the bill's for two months.

The line and broadband was transferred in to your ownership on the 2nd of October and there are additional charges to cover the period of between the 2nd of October to the 28th of October for both land line rental (€17.25 ex vat) and broadband (€17.00 ex vat). This is called part period rental and will not occur again as it only applies to the first bill.

There's also a charge for the transfer of ownership of the account (10.01 ex vat) - so the additional charges came to a total of 45.54 ex vat (€56.01 inc vat)

I'm very sorry to hear you have not received the modem yet, I will send a specific request to ensure a modem is arranged by next day delivery so it will be with you by tomorrow.

Thanks
    Al

Hi mcg1987

I have looked in to this in detail and I can confirm that your bill is for two months of the package in advance (28th of October to the 27th of December = 47.16 ex vat) The package charge is €29 inc vat per month but the bill's for two months.

The line and broadband was transferred in to your ownership on the 2nd of October and there are additional charges to cover the period of between the 2nd of October to the 28th of October for both land line rental (€17.25 ex vat) and broadband (€17.00 ex vat). This is called part period rental and will not occur again as it only applies to the first bill.

There's also a charge for the transfer of ownership of the account (10.01 ex vat) - so the additional charges came to a total of 45.54 ex vat (€56.01 inc vat)

I'm very sorry to hear you have not received the modem yet, I will send a specific request to ensure a modem is arranged by next day delivery so it will be with you by tomorrow.

Thanks
    Al
    NO Chance in hell. 

Firstly I was told I'd be getting a new modem which, yes, I still have not received. I rang numerous times and was told I wouldn't get one sometimes and other times that I would.  And this is two whole days after your last reply and nothing has been delivered - again false promises from customer services.

Same with the bill...I was told the first time by sales that my account would be credited with €60 to cover the €5 extra per month I'd be paying compared to the online deal so i'd get the same. This also was another handling to get actually over the line then in the next series of calls. But I eventually got it agreed again and now it seems there is NO MENTION of this again??? !! 

I was also told that there would be NO EXTRA CHARGES for transferring the account. I made sure to ask that over and over to confirm it. So NO WAY am I paying all them extra charges! **** this for customer service. Someone who is at least supervisor level better ring me as soon as possible to sort this **** out.

And you mean to tell me that it cost me more to have these "services" for 26 days at the start than it costs for the whole month....again this is a load of crap!!

Hi mcg1987

Thanks
    Al
    NO Chance in hell. 

Firstly I was told I'd be getting a new modem which, yes, I still have not received. I rang numerous times and was told I wouldn't get one sometimes and other times that I would.  And this is two whole days after your last reply and nothing has been delivered - again false promises from customer services.

Same with the bill...I was told the first time by sales that my account would be credited with €60 to cover the €5 extra per month I'd be paying compared to the online deal so i'd get the same. This also was another handling to get actually over the line then in the next series of calls. But I eventually got it agreed again and now it seems there is NO MENTION of this again??? !! 

I was also told that there would be NO EXTRA CHARGES for transferring the account. I made sure to ask that over and over to confirm it. So NO WAY am I paying all them extra charges! **** this for customer service. Someone who is at least supervisor level better ring me as soon as possible to sort this **** out.

And you mean to tell me that it cost me more to have these "services" for 26 days at the start than it costs for the whole month....again this is a load of crap!!
    Hi mcg1987

I have investigated this issue based on what you had advised on the above posts and in accordance to the details of your account.

I was unaware you had been advised of the €60 credit or the free transfer.

Your modem should be with you within the next 24 hours and I will investigate the €60 credit and free transfer today

Al

cheers Alan.

I spent an hour and 25 minutes in the phone this morning to "customer service" ! cut me off three times before getting through then some foreigner who wouldn't listen to what I was telling her cut me off after about 10 minutes saying she couldn't hear me so I had to ring back AGAIN and go through it all again!

all I want is one person to sort this out for me and ring me on the mobile number on the account to tell me what the story is.

the service is also still down in my area...hasn't worked since FRIDAY EVENING ! something needs to be sorted about this too. I work away in Scotland from Monday to Friday every week and the house we are in has NO MOBILE PHONE SIGNAL so myself and the girlfriend RELY on the internet to keep in contact and this is not possible with the poor service we have been receiving in our area.

cheers Alan.

I spent an hour and 25 minutes in the phone this morning to "customer service" ! cut me off three times before getting through then some foreigner who wouldn't listen to what I was telling her cut me off after about 10 minutes saying she couldn't hear me so I had to ring back AGAIN and go through it all again!

all I want is one person to sort this out for me and ring me on the mobile number on the account to tell me what the story is.

the service is also still down in my area...hasn't worked since FRIDAY EVENING !  something needs to be sorted about this too. I work away in Scotland from Monday to Friday every week and the house we are in has NO MOBILE PHONE SIGNAL so myself and the girlfriend RELY on the internet to keep in contact and this is not possible with the poor service we have been receiving in our area.
    No worries mcg1987

You really are best leaving it with me rather than calling to explain the issues all over again...

I should be back to you by the end of the day

Al

I fully intend to. Cheers.

Hi mcg1987

Accounts have assured me that a credit of €60 ex vat and €10.01 (€98.41 in vat in total) has been added to your account as previously agreed.

Apologies for the inconveniences caused, if your modem has not arrived by now it should definitely be with you by tomorrow.

Thanks
    AL

Hi mcg1987

Accounts have assured me that a credit of €60 ex vat and €10.01 (€98.41 in vat in total) has been added to your account as previously agreed.

Apologies for the inconveniences caused, if your modem has not arrived by now it should definitely be with you by tomorrow.

Thanks
    AL
    So how much is my bill then? You can also Private message me. I have no idea how much I'm supposed to know but I know for definite that it is not the €114 odd that is stated on this threatening letter I received from eircom - again to remind you, this letter was the very first correspondence I'd received from eircom - no bill, no account details, nothing! Until this!

And what is the story with the service in my area this weekend/now? Nothing has been said of that?

So far it has been down overall/altogether...completely unusuable for 7 days in my short time with eircom !

Hi mcg1987

Thanks
    AL
    So how much is my bill then? You can also Private message me. I have no idea how much I'm supposed to know but I know for definite that it is not the €114 odd that is stated on this threatening letter I received from eircom - again to remind you, this letter was the very first correspondence I'd received from eircom - no bill, no account details, nothing! Until this!

And what is the story with the service in my area this weekend/now? Nothing has been said of that?

So far it has been down overall/altogether...completely unusuable for 7 days in my short time with eircom !
    Hello mcg1987

I will respond by private message today

Thanks
    Al

Hi mcg1987

Thanks
    AL

Hello mcg1987

Thanks
    Al
    no reply by private message yesterday again.

• Advertisement

Hi mcg1987

Thanks
    AL

Hello mcg1987

Thanks
    Al
    no reply by private message yesterday again.
    Hi mcg1987

Apologies for the delays - I have PM'd you on this just now

Al

Advertisement