Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 12 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Nearly there... just need the Broncos to NOT do what the Packers did at the end of their game.

By the way, two throws inside the 10, up by 4, with 3 minutes left? Nice job with the stat padding, Peyton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Correction, the Chargers are a joke, but the Rams take the biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Why, Rams? Why you throw the ball when the last you can do is turn the ball over. Run the facking thing! At the very least you get a FG out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Anyone see the holding call in the SD game? Absolute joke, Rams had the go ahead TD taken off the board. Commentators called the refs out on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

The play-calling and clock management has been next-level stupid for a lot of teams this season, smh.

Oh no, it's happening. Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no.

Now I know what spiralism must feel like. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I feel bad for the Rams after that...

Hopefully the Dolphins coach does the sensible thing when there's 30 seconds left and takes a field goal and onside kick rather than scoring a TD as time expires.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Nearly there... just need the Broncos to NOT do what the Packers did at the end of their game.

By the way, two throws inside the 10, up by 4, with 3 minutes left? Nice job with the stat padding, Peyton.

Nobody does it better

matthew8 wrote: »
    Anyone see the holding call in the SD game? Absolute joke, Rams had the go ahead TD taken off the board. Commentators called the refs out on it.
    Yep, they got shafted. Rams player barely even touched the San Diego guy, nevermind hold him! Shame. I'm no Rams fan but I like what Fisher is doing.

• Advertisement

What the hell was the Denver player doing there coming in after the play?

Malik Jackson,

282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e.jpg

Fcuk this. Absolute farce. Fcuk this a fcuking million times.

There we go. All because Peyton wanted to pad his little fcuking stats.

Oh how I would love to see them recover this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Oh here we go.

There we go. All because Peyton wanted to pad his little fcuking stats.

It hurts you, but Manning loses nothing, in all likelihood this will still go into the win column for him and the padding wont have hurt them

I would happily give €100 for Miami to win this game now.

What was the back thinking there? I'm just gonna level this guy and hopefully nobody sees it.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    It hurts you, but Manning loses nothing, in all likelihood this will still go into the win column for him and the padding wont have hurt them
    Still makes no sense for them not to run the clock down in the situation they were in, if that were say Roethlisberger the commentators would be commenting on how dumb it was (because they did when he did that a few weeks back).

If ever there was a definitive example of "salt in the wound."

I have Denver -7. I don't understand how Manning is possibly the one to blame. Running down the clock wasn't the goal there. Scoring a TD to make it a 2 score game was the goal there and he did that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Now they run out the clock. Billy will be seething!

Some performance from Anderson. He looked a decent prospect in pre-season last year before getting injured. Shown it so far this season with Ball out that he's more than capable.

I have Denver -7. I don't understand how Manning is possibly the one to blame. Running down the clock wasn't the goal there. Scoring a TD to make it a 2 score game was the goal there and he did that.

It was both, scoring of course and taking as much time off the clock as possible.

I don't blame Manning for the Dolphins scoring, I blame some very, very dumb defending.

• Advertisement

It was second and goal, there wasn't gonna be much more of an opportunity to take time off the clock. The TD essentially took the clock out of the equation.

Let's just say it's been a rough day... lost money on a score draw between Hull and Spurs from a 89th minute winner, lost money on the Packers -7.5 thanks to a very late drive when our defence "did a Dom Capers" (forgot there is a fourth quarter), lost a bunch on the Colts game in various way, and now this. :p

Still think they should have ran it there though - CJ Anderson was on about 140 yards on the day, it's not like they were having much problem moving the ball and it would at the very, very least have taken away both of Miami's timeouts and a full minute from the clock in and around the two minute warning.

Oh well, I've just put an irrational, completely on tilt €50 on the Cowboys -3.5 and over 47.5 total points at 9/5 in blind hope despite the fact that I hate betting on favourites in NFC East games. Eep! :o

kryogen wrote: »
    It was both, scoring of course and taking as much time off the clock as possible.

I don't blame Manning for the Dolphins scoring, I blame some very, very dumb defending.

It was going to the two minute warning ads on fourth and two, only to come back for that idiot Jackson's most needless penalty of the game and then a really soft DPI call that really killed. :(:p

Well on the bright side, despite being 1-13 on my bets tonight I am 11-0 on my predictions (12-1 this week since I had the Chiefs on TNF).

At least I think that's a bright side?? :confused:

Wow, Nat Coombs has aged terribly.

• Advertisement

Just tuning in now. Did they drag some lad in from the pub to replace Nat? It's battle of the Dad clothes.

What have I just seen...

OH MY DAYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Insane! Easily the greatest catch ive ever seen in my life

That's it. That's the best catch you'll ever see. Fucking insane.

Odell Beckham is beyond ridiculous. I don't think I've ever seen anyone even like him before. Collinsworth, an all pro receiver who's been commentating for 18 odd years called it possibly the best catch he has ever seen. Holy Christ, Jordy Nelson might be stepping aside as the king of the circus freak catches sooner rather than later at this rate.

They showed him making that exact catch in pregame warm ups too only a few minutes before. It's more ridiculous every time they replay it.

https://vine.co/v/O1MT2HnwdnI

There is a better angle from behind to show the extent of far behind the ball was behind him...just insane

EDIT: Behind angle https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F264C96F721148486788516659200_2a008e2cf36.5.1.5216334545546360087.mp4?versionId=RU1z6eWE6GyW456w_tLiyKgEGhJKk_Js

B3LBlYXCIAEh3QJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A new star is born, he was a real talent but with that catch he has become a superstar. Absolutely incredible.

"Well there's your play of the year and maybe the decade" - Al Michaels.

He's right too, you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Yeah... that was something else. Jesus that guy is special.

This is essentially what he did:

He was sprinting down the sideline at full speed, gets tackled and fouled, is off balance, has to turn his body, jump, fully extend, grab the ball with one hand and stay in bounds.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    This is essentially what he did:

He was sprinting down the sideline, gets tackled and fouled, is off balance, has to turn his body, jump, fully extend, grab the ball from 2-3 feet behind his head with the index finger and thumb of one hand and stay in bounds.
    Had to correct that, which makes it even more insane.

were going to have to defend him twice a year for 10-15 years :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Came in late and rewound to see that catch. Holy mother of Christ. I'd been saying he was special for a while, but he has no limits.

He's legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lol, people are going to read this in the morning and then see it afterwards and they will still be in awe.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lol, people are going to read this in the morning and then see it afterwards and they will still be in awe.

You can't describe it in words and give it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I have been watching that catch over and over. Its incredible, there have been many reach back falling down catchs before. But none where there is so much contact , none where he is so close to the ground, none where the ball is so far behind him , none where his falling momentum is carrying him one way but his running momentum is carrying him another way and biggest of all he grabs the ball with his figure tips not cup the ball and bring it into his body like many similar catch's.

Best catch ive ever seen i think, but i have to go back and look through the randy moss youtube videos to make sure.

This rookie WR class is really starting to live up to and possibly exceed their billing

lbj666 wrote: »
    This rookie WR class is really starting to live up to and possibly exceed their billing

this could very very very easily be the clear greatest rookie class of all time there has been individuals better than any of them but the volume of quality players is crazy

Who was the Giants fan last week that said poor old Eli is struggling because he has no receivers to throw to? :pac:

Who was the Giants fan last week that said poor old Eli is struggling because he has no receivers to throw to? :pac:

I say he doesn't have the talent around him every week. Its a little nuts that a rookie receiver who missed all of preseason and the first 4/5 games is our best player.

Schwartz, and surprisingly Snyder, have made a big difference as well.

I think a fit roster isn't too far away from competing though, so hopefully next season we aren't as much of a shambles.

• Advertisement

this could very very very easily be the clear greatest rookie class of all time there has been individuals better than any of them but the volume of quality players is crazy
    Tough to say, 2011 has some outrageous talent, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.

Who does each team have to boast of their rookies this year by the way? GB has no instant stars but Haha (1st rd, the #1 guy I wanted in the whole draft... realistically of course) has the makings of a top 5 safety easy once he smooths his game out, Linsley's (5th rd) consistent improvement at centre is nothing short of scary, Adams (2nd rd) has the makings of a pro bowl level receiver and is very smart which is exactly what Rodgers thrives off, Pennel (UDFA) is increasingly looking like a really good 'big body' 3-4 guy... and keep an eye out for Jeff Janis (very Jordy Nelson like) and Abbrederis (sneaky slot guy, on IR) who were picked up in the 6th and 7th rounds at WR.

Advertisement