Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A three-month problem with Eircom

Options
  • 19-11-2014 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I have been for the last three months, trying to order the "eFibre" service for my house.
    Because my house doesn't have a clear address, I had new information from each agent I visited in the shop, talked on the phone or chat with.

Finally, I decided that I would use chat only, so I can keep the transcript.

Last time, on November 13, I could talk to a really good agent from your company, whom she could help me through the process to put a new order, based on that my address has the "eFibre" service.

I could complete the order, and I provided all the requested information, and I received an email that says:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for choosing superfast Fibre Broadband from eircom.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What happens next?
    Your eircom order will be confirmed within 2 working days by email to the email address you have included on your application.[/font]

Today, after 4 working days, I contacted your online chat, and they said that my order is lost "surprisingly" and I have to put a new order, and your agent asked me to do a new order.
    On the process of putting a new order, your system jumped from 38€ to 53€ for monthly fees, I asked your agent why is this happening, and this was next: 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Agent: Ok on the site dont search via address, search by number and use *****. on the page you are on click on the start again up top to go back to it.
    Me: sorry to ask, but what is this number? I don't have a land line number
    Agent: I know you dont, this is an old number for your area, the site will locate your area with this number.
    Me: I tried this number and it says: eFibre is not currently available at your address but up to 24Mb broadband speeds are.
    Agent: Yes and under this will show you the plans you can get!
    Me: I see that my address has efibre
    Me: and I don't need the land line
    Me: I just need high-speed internet
    Agent: Broadband is only sold with homephone and this is not an efibre area.
    Me: but my address is showing that it is an eFibre area
    Agent: Where does it show this?
    Me: and my last order was for efibre service
    Me: When you enter my address "ADDRESS_GOES_HERE"
    Agent: Sorry that is picking your address up wrong i can see as i have your area here and i can see you are not in an efibre area unfortunately, this is probably why the last order did not work.
    Me: check this conversation with your colleague before
    Me: 
    Old Agent: Thank you for holding 
    Old Agent: I can see your neighbours address is efibre enabled therefore you can order this now online , for the address "ADDRESS_GOES_HERE"
    Old Agent: the cost for this is €38 a month for the first 6 months and €48 thereafter

Me: each time, I get different info from agents
    Me: can't you just send some engineer to my house to check this
    Me: I am really tired of this
    Agent: One moment please, I'll check that for you...
    Agent: Me i am looking at your area now, a small amount of them can get efibre, until you are active with us we will not be able to see if you can fully or not, this is why if you sign up to regular now, then when you have a line and if fibre is available to you we will upgrade you to it!!
    Me: I see that either info from you or from your colleague is wrong
    Agent: I am giving you the right information

After this chat, I asked him to connect me to management, but he said your management can't be contacted, I can only talk to direct sales on phone.

I really wasted a lot of my time following this, and I need a solution for this.

P.S: please tell your agents that we're not friends so they can talk to us using double and triple exclamation marks, I really don't like this attitude.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lovegalway wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been for the last three months, trying to order the "eFibre" service for my house.
    Because my house doesn't have a clear address, I had new information from each agent I visited in the shop, talked on the phone or chat with.

Finally, I decided that I would use chat only, so I can keep the transcript.

Last time, on November 13, I could talk to a really good agent from your company, whom she could help me through the process to put a new order, based on that my address has the "eFibre" service.

I could complete the order, and I provided all the requested information, and I received an email that says:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for choosing superfast Fibre Broadband from eircom.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What happens next?
    Your eircom order will be confirmed within 2 working days by email to the email address you have included on your application.[/font]

Today, after 4 working days, I contacted your online chat, and they said that my order is lost "surprisingly" and I have to put a new order, and your agent asked me to do a new order.
    On the process of putting a new order, your system jumped from 38€ to 53€ for monthly fees, I asked your agent why is this happening, and this was next: 

Agent: Ok on the site dont search via address, search by number and use *****. on the page you are on click on the start again up top to go back to it.
    Me: sorry to ask, but what is this number? I don't have a land line number
    Agent: I know you dont, this is an old number for your area, the site will locate your area with this number.
    Me: I tried this number and it says: eFibre is not currently available at your address but up to 24Mb broadband speeds are.
    Agent: Yes and under this will show you the plans you can get!
    Me: I see that my address has efibre
    Me: and I don't need the land line
    Me: I just need high-speed internet
    Agent: Broadband is only sold with homephone and this is not an efibre area.
    Me: but my address is showing that it is an eFibre area
    Agent: Where does it show this?
    Me: and my last order was for efibre service
    Me: When you enter my address "ADDRESS_GOES_HERE"
    Agent: Sorry that is picking your address up wrong i can see as i have your area here and i can see you are not in an efibre area unfortunately, this is probably why the last order did not work.
    Me: check this conversation with your colleague before
    Me: 
    Old Agent: Thank you for holding 
    Old Agent: I can see your neighbours address is efibre enabled therefore you can order this now online , for the address "ADDRESS_GOES_HERE"
    Old Agent: the cost for this is €38 a month for the first 6 months and €48 thereafter

Me: each time, I get different info from agents
    Me: can't you just send some engineer to my house to check this
    Me: I am really tired of this
    Agent: One moment please, I'll check that for you...
    Agent: Me i am looking at your area now, a small amount of them can get efibre, until you are active with us we will not be able to see if you can fully or not, this is why if you sign up to regular now, then when you have a line and if fibre is available to you we will upgrade you to it!!
    Me: I see that either info from you or from your colleague is wrong
    Agent: I am giving you the right information

After this chat, I asked him to connect me to management, but he said your management can't be contacted, I can only talk to direct sales on phone.

I really wasted a lot of my time following this, and I need a solution for this.

P.S: please tell your agents that we're not friends so they can talk to us using double and triple exclamation marks, I really don't like this attitude.
    Hi lovegalway

I'm sorry to read this and apologise for any duly felt frustration this has caused. I will mark this chat to the attention of WebChat managers and have this dealt with internally.

I'm Also sorry to hear your order was lost - that does indeed seem odd although when an address is difficult to locate the online ordering system can incur such issues. If you have not already succesfuly placed another order please PM me your order details (address, phone number, name and email address) and I will request online order admin to look in to this to try locating the order.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lovegalway

Hi Alan,

I thought that if I sent you the PM, you would reply to me, but apparently I am still facing negligence from Eircom. 
    What is the problem?

This is still getting me frustrated especially after your latest agent experience

Hi Alan,

I thought that if I sent you the PM, you would reply to me, but apparently I am still facing negligence from Eircom. 
    What is the problem?

This is still getting me frustrated especially after your latest agent experience
    Apologies lovegalway

I have been unable to locate your order although I am awaiting an update from managers in our online orders administration team.. As soon as I have an update from the, I will let you know

Thanks
    Al

Hi lovegalway

A member of the online orders team will contact you on your mobile today.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lovegalway

Hi Alan,
    Thank you very much personally for your help, and I just want to comment on this experience:

Your technician came to my house, and all it took him was 10 minutes to connect the router in the phone socket in my living room and then activate the service.
    If your staff just agreed to send the technician three months ago, I wouldn't have to visit multiple Eircom stores, phone-call Eircom many times and even use the online chat multiple times also, and after all that, my problem was solved when I took this problem publicly here on Boards.ie.

It has been an annoying experience for me, and I will never forgive Eircom for the wasted time and effort, and seriously bad-tempered agent whom talked to me in a bad way, especially that I discovered that I was right all through this process and all your online agents (Except Breda, who was sure of the info she gave) and representative were wrong.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,
    Thank you very much personally for your help, and I just want to comment on this experience:

Your technician came to my house, and all it took him was 10 minutes to connect the router in the phone socket in my living room and then activate the service.
    If your staff just agreed to send the technician three months ago, I wouldn't have to visit multiple Eircom stores, phone-call Eircom many times and even use the online chat multiple times also, and after all that, my problem was solved when I took this problem publicly here on Boards.ie.

It has been an annoying experience for me, and I will never forgive Eircom for the wasted time and effort, and seriously bad-tempered agent whom talked to me in a bad way, especially that I discovered that I was right all through this process and all your online agents (Except Breda, who was sure of the info she gave) and representative were wrong.

Cheers
    Your're welcome lovegalway

I do apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment this experience has caused and I would like to assure you that I will offer your feedback via my weekly reports to operations.

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement