Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Fun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Slattsy wrote: »
    3/1 on day easily.

ya couldn't be any shorter than 9/4 on the day anyway, i'll keep the powder dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Dunston wrote: »
    ya couldn't be any shorter than 9/4 on the day anyway, i'll keep the powder dry!

Yeah, I don't bother this time of year unless I see something like Un De Sceaux 2/1. The bookies will be tripping over themselves to get people betting with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

My big hope for Un De Sceaux is Vautour goes to the Arkle so i can get a better price on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Some small fun accum's done awhile ago that i at least have got value once they turn up.

€5 double
    Peace and Co 3/1
    Douvan 5/1

€1.25 trixie
    Peace and Co 9/2
    The young Master 16/1
    Faugheen 2/1

€2 acc
    Peace and Co 9/2
    Vautour 9/4
    Un De Sceaux 3/1
    Douvan 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Having looked at the Supreme field i seriosly reckon backing Douvan to win and Lami Serge e/w is the way to make serious cash. Probably, on current form and ratings the worst Supreme ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Having looked at the Supreme field i seriosly reckon backing Douvan to win and Lami Serge e/w is the way to make serious cash. Probably, on current form and ratings the worst Supreme ever.

Im hoping some bookie goes money back if second to Douvan then it would be ideal to lump on both.

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Im hoping some bookie goes money back if second to Douvan then it would be ideal to lump on both.

Im all for taking on favourites but genuinely cant see anything in the race to take them on with. Its a terrible race.

Maybe a big price each way shot could run well but on form there's zero there!

Im all for taking on favourites but genuinely cant see anything in the race to take them on with. Its a terrible race.

Maybe a big price each way shot could run well but on form there's zero there!

Ground the only concern for me. Think him and the second fav could both be very good. they will be together at the last and be clear of the rest by a distance.

Cheltenham a week earlier this year, ground could be that bit softer. See on the day, both could want soft!!

Cheltenham a week earlier this year, ground could be that bit softer. See on the day, both could want soft!!

True. Douvan a 1/2 shot on soft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

sdoc13 wrote: »
    True. Douvan a 1/2 shot on soft

Give over. He's still got plenty to prove and will be bigger than current price on day, regardless of ground

Wont be much bigger than 2/1 on the day i reckon. 9/4 maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

9/4 probably about right but think some book will go 5/2 (probably for about 5mins) in the morning. Way I look at it is bookies will be happy to lay Douvan in the knowledge plenty will reinvest any winnings in other Mullins shorties through week. They'll have plenty of chances to get it back

First fav they might not be so brave !! There's nothing i nthe race, its not like there's a load of 5-10 shots in there, its an awful race!

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Give over. He's still got plenty to prove and will be bigger than current price on day, regardless of ground

Fair enough I was exaggerating for effect. I still think its a straight shoot out between the top 2. He will deffinatly be bigger on the day I think he will touch 5/2 at some point. I have nothing on him and may just back the 2nd fav each way but with the right bookie offer for the race I may be tempted to plough into both.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seanog_athlone

Anyone at the Cheltenham preview night in Dublin last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

FWIW Slattsy there is only a day in the diff, festival began on 11th last year, just in case you were going to have a bet on this premise!

razorhead wrote: »
    FWIW Slattsy there is only a day in the diff, festival began on 11th last year, just in case you were going to have a bet on this premise!

Cheers. Didn't even check!
    Weather seems fairly unsettled so ground might well be on the soft side.

Cheers. Didn't even check!
    Weather seems fairly unsettled so ground might well be on the soft side.

Hello my name is Slattsy, I just make statements, couldn't be ****ed checking facts...

You should be a Sun journo and then you can take Michael Fishs job!!

• Advertisement

Dont need to be arsed when my minions check the facts for me :)

Dont need to be arsed when my minions check the facts for me :)

It is you Kelvin Mackenzie!!

Cue Card out of Cheltenham.

No chance anyway imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Got a phone call from a friend for martello tower in the albert bartlett
    Value seems to be gone,we all backed it @16/1.10,s in powers now and best price last time i looked was 14,s in ladbrooks.could be worth a nibble if anyones interested

Yeah i had him on a shortlist for the race. Real stayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

I think horse with huge chance is Belton for triumph hurdle, horse with serious pace and is a bit under the radar. But as everybody knows, there is no soft touches at this meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Damn autocorrect, BELTOR

Was mighty impressive alright and possibly still big at 8s.

Was mighty impressive alright and possibly still big at 8s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

I think horse with huge chance is Belton for triumph hurdle, horse with serious pace and is a bit under the radar. But as everybody knows, there is no soft touches at this meeting.

Hardly under the rader,the way he won the adonis has brought him to the attention of a lot of people.

Advertisement