Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith Hall and under floor heatin

Options
  • 19-11-2014 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I have a question about Griffith Hall Apartments - Drumcondra, D9. We are about to rent 2 bedroom apartment at Griffith Hall very soon and what is our main concern is electric under floor heating. First of all we never had electric heating (we used to have gas or oil) so we don't know how efficient it is and which is even more important how much does it cost? We would like to have rough idea about the electricity cost ( 2 working people, cooking their meals almost everyday and using washing machine 2-3 times a week and shower everyday :)) so we won't get a heart attack when the bill comes.We tried to get this information from letting agency but they weren't able to help ( by the way every time I'm asking any agent about the average bills they never know the answer and they never able to find out! is it not one of the fist things which future tenant wants to know?!) If anyone used to/ live there right now and are able to help? DO you have any suggestions how to set up this underfloor heating system so it will be warm and cosy but won't break our budget? Any other suggestions about Griffiths Hall apartments will be very much appreciated!

ps. is it pet friendly complex? we have small size dog and agent agreed our dog and we saw couple of dogs there but just make sure before we sign a contract

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Dublin City as it's more of a general query about energy consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BertyytreB

Hello,

I have a question about Griffith Hall Apartments - Drumcondra, D9. We are about to rent 2 bedroom apartment at Griffith Hall very soon and what is our main concern is electric under floor heating. First of all we never had electric heating (we used to have gas or oil) so we don't know how efficient it is and which is even more important how much does it cost? We would like to have rough idea about the electricity cost ( 2 working people, cooking their meals almost everyday and using washing machine 2-3 times a week and shower everyday :)) so we won't get a heart attack when the bill comes.We tried to get this information from letting agency but they weren't able to help ( by the way every time I'm asking any agent about the average bills they never know the answer and they never able to find out! is it not one of the fist things which future tenant wants to know?!) If anyone used to/ live there right now and are able to help? DO you have any suggestions how to set up this underfloor heating system so it will be warm and cosy but won't break our budget? Any other suggestions about Griffiths Hall apartments will be very much appreciated!

ps. is it pet friendly complex? we have small size dog and agent agreed our dog and we saw couple of dogs there but just make sure before we sign a contract

Lived there a few years ago never seen any dogs just some wild rabbits. I heard issues of flooding in some of the apartments and the underground car park so check that out. It is calm in general there was one or two rowdy neighbours but most seemed nice. No idea on heating but have heard under floor heating can be expensive. We had an issue with our landlord there in the end but you should be fine as you are dealing with an agent. Ours entered the property several times without permission and one time even started to paint the walls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

BertyytreB wrote: »
    Lived there a few years ago never seen any dogs just some wild rabbits. I heard issues of flooding in some of the apartments and the underground car park so check that out. It is calm in general there was one or two rowdy neighbours but most seemed nice. No idea on heating but have heard under floor heating can be expensive. We had an issue with our landlord there in the end but you should be fine as you are dealing with an agent. Ours entered the property several times without permission and one time even started to paint the walls!

Check the development rules, usually posted in common areas. Most apartment block rules prohibit dogs so regardless of what the agent says you may be forced to break the lease or relocate the dog

Advertisement