Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial room rental

Options
  • 19-11-2014 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I am just about to start renting a room in a clinic that can be used by others when I'm not there and I've been told that the rent must be paid in advance monthly EVEN if I am on leave/holidays...anyone know if this is standard practice?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

lala6 wrote: »
    Hi, I am just about to start renting a room in a clinic that can be used by others when I'm not there and I've been told that the rent must be paid in advance monthly EVEN if I am on leave/holidays...anyone know if this is standard practice?
    Thanks

Yes you're renting the place no matter whether you are using it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lala6

jimmii wrote: »

Ok thanks for your reply. I'd understand if the room was being rented to me only but really find it hard to grasp why I should pay for hours I'm not using it... Given that it's being rented to me by the hour!?

Ok thanks for your reply. I'd understand if the room was being rented to me only but really find it hard to grasp why I should pay for hours I'm not using it... Given that it's being rented to me by the hour!?

If you are renting it an hour at a time and it will be available for others to rent the other hours the rest of the time then that's different but then I don't see how you could be paying in advance if that was the case! It sounds a bit weird to me.

If you are renting it an hour at a time and it will be available for others to rent the other hours the rest of the time then that's different but then I don't see how you could be paying in advance if that was the case! It sounds a bit weird to me.

Yeah, I pay for the hours I want that coming month in advance and the room is rented by others when I'm not there. This is why I feel I shouldn't have to pay rent if I decide to take a few weeks holidays. I think that's fair enough, no?

• Advertisement

How are they justifying charging you for the room while it is available to someone else? If you are only paying for it when you use you I don't see why you should be charged for it when you clearly aren't going to be using it!

How are they justifying charging you for the room while it is available to someone else? If you are only paying for it when you use you I don't see why you should be charged for it when you clearly aren't going to be using it!

Had a chat with them today. It's been resolved, if I give advance notice I don't have to pay. Think it was just to try and stop people coming and going as they please. Thanks for your responses.

Had a chat with them today. It's been resolved, if I give advance notice I don't have to pay. Think it was just to try and stop people coming and going as they please. Thanks for your responses.

Advertisement