Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going to Bray

• 19-11-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

for my girlfriends christmas present im think of taking her to bray co wicklow.maybe do the skiing and food in johnny foxes pub.my question is ,whats the nightlife in bray.is there busy pubs at the weekend and is there night clubs and stuff..she is 28 and im 30.we are travelling from cork so dont know the area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

There is a great bar down at the Harbour (called the Harbour Bar coincidentally) and there is live music on there every night of the week. It closes at about one o'clock and there's a bus for a euro which will bring you up to The MArtello which has a DJ in the bar and a nightclub attached.

If you're looking for a good place to eat, I would recommend Carpe Diem for Italian or for Indian, Daata Tandoori. Both places are on the seafront.

You could take a walk out the cliff walk to Greystones and get the DART back in after having a coffee there. Takes about an hour (if you're walking fast)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CelticCub

mnmmurphy wrote: »
    for my girlfriends christmas present im think of taking her to bray co wicklow.maybe do the skiing and food in johnny foxes pub.my question is ,whats the nightlife in bray.is there busy pubs at the weekend and is there night clubs and stuff..she is 28 and im 30.we are travelling from cork so dont know the area

Johnny Foxes is a fair old spin from Bray - you wouldnt want to be doing both on the same night imo

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mnmmurphy1

zoobizoo wrote: »
    There is a great bar down at the Harbour (called the Harbour Bar coincidentally) and there is live music on there every night of the week. It closes at about one o'clock and there's a bus for a euro which will bring you up to The MArtello which has a DJ in the bar and a nightclub attached.

If you're looking for a good place to eat, I would recommend Carpe Diem for Italian or for Indian, Daata Tandoori. Both places are on the seafront.

You could take a walk out the cliff walk to Greystones and get the DART back in after having a coffee there. Takes about an hour (if you're walking fast)

Thanks. Thats what I'm after. Local info is always the best. Is there any activities within 30 minutes drive that we could do during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mnmmurphy1

CelticCub wrote: »
    Johnny Foxes is a fair old spin from Bray - you wouldnt want to be doing both on the same night imo

I thought it was about 30 minutes drive. I was planning on going for an early dinner there and letting her get plastered on wine and id drive back to bray at about 8 and then head out and get smashed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thanks. Thats what I'm after. Local info is always the best. Is there any activities within 30 minutes drive that we could do during the day

Lots - powerscourt gardens, glendalough, mount usher gardens in Ashford, powerscourt waterfalls,

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cliffage

There's also ten pin bowling in bray if it rains

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

that other italian is good... cant recall its name... but its on the corner across from the aquarium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

I thought it was about 30 minutes drive. I was planning on going for an early dinner there and letting her get plastered on wine and id drive back to bray at about 8 and then head out and get smashed .

It is less than 30 minutes drive from Bray. So your cunning plan could still work.

That said, more than enough fun and great places to eat along the sea front in Bray.

As someone else suggested, Cliff walk to and/or From Greystones followed by an afternoon recovery drink could be an ideal starter for the evening.

Coffee in Cafe di Fiora (sp?), across from Sealife, as part of a stroll along the seafront.

Kilruddery House, on the Southern Cross way in to Bray ....

Loads of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cliffage

Think Kiluddery is closed for the Winter until April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Christmas market in Kilruddery.
    http://www.killruddery.com/whats-on/

• Advertisement
Advertisement