Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen Pay by Electronic tag.

Options
  • 19-11-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Were being changed over to this from 1st January. Letter says we will have to keep a minimum balance in our accounts.

I'm guessing this would be €9.50, or €13.50 to cover a black & brown bin lift, is this correct (will probably keep more than that anyway)

Looks like were going to be charged €4.50 for brown bin next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

got that letter myself today too. Charging us for the brown bin now, i always liked to do my bit and recycle, looks like its all going into the black bin now. Better off paying for just the one bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

johndoe99 wrote: »
    got that letter myself today too. Charging us for the brown bin now, i always liked to do my bit and recycle, looks like its all going into the black bin now. Better off paying for just the one bin.

Might just use brown bin in cold weather and fill it to the top, but in warm weather bung waste into black bin.

On one hand they want us to recycle and on the other they are encouraging people to just use the black bin:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

burn everything in the fire ashes take up less space in the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

So is anyone jumping ship to another bin company coz of this?
    I rang them (OXIGEN) earlier in the summer to request a calendar (showing which collection which weeks) after 3 emails I had sent them went unanswered. (After I enquired I had indeed had the correct email address, I was told there were 'staffing issues' which led to me getting no response)

I also asked about the brown bin charge being introduced as I had seen a brown bin tag for sale in the kiosks as I was buying my green and black ones.
    I was assured that there was no charge for the brown bin, and that no brown bin charge was to be introduced "as far as I'm aware" she (lady on the phone) said.
    So fair enough if she didn't know she didn't know. She's in customer service not management.
    But wasn't happy when I got that letter in this week.

So anyone gonna change their waste loyalties??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Celt1

Not impressed with new Brown Bin charge either and just emailed them telling them so. A google search reveals only alternatives appear to be Greenstar or Wastepal. Are there any others I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I pay 25 a month to wastepal no issues with them.

Green and brown one week, black bin the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Can I ask a stupid question? Im with OXIGEN and also got that letter. So a I right in saying the paper tags will be gone and replaced by electronic tags, and you have to credit your account with enough money so as to match the green, black bin etc then they check this account and if its empty no collection? How do you even put money into this account? I cant imagine many pensioners having the savvy for online transfers! Im quite confused by the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

How do you even put money into this account? I cant imagine many pensioners having the savvy for online transfers! Im quite confused by the whole thing.

With my letter came a barcode, with my name, address etc. I assume its just a matter of bringing this to the post office, as i do with my UPC and bord gais cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Can I ask a stupid question? Im with OXIGEN and also got that letter. So a I right in saying the paper tags will be gone and replaced by electronic tags, and you have to credit your account with enough money so as to match the green, black bin etc then they check this account and if its empty no collection? How do you even put money into this account? I cant imagine many pensioners having the savvy for online transfers! Im quite confused by the whole thing.

thats basically how it works as I see it.

I'm sure they will allow topups by post office as johnjoe says, and maybe by text but that hasn't been made clear yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

i,m jumping ship to greenstar, tis 6 euro cheaper for the year than oxigen, thats 6 euro better in my pocket than oxigens anyway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Highways

To avoid the brown bin charge and do your bit for the environment, put garden waste into the composter and install a food waste disposer to your your sink. Not much left for the brown bin after that.

Advertisement