Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit note-not for use on sale items?

Options
  • 19-11-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

I recently returned a birthday present to local jewellers (got two the same). No receipt but got credit note, happy enough with that, but on the docket it says that my credit note cannot be used to purchase sale items.
    Are they allowed to do this? Surely I should be able to use it on anything I like sale or no sale??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,052 ✭✭✭✭L1011

heldel00 wrote: »
    I recently returned a birthday present to local jewellers (got two the same). No receipt but got credit note, happy enough with that, but on the docket it says that my credit note cannot be used to purchase sale items.
    Are they allowed to do this? Surely I should be able to use it on anything I like sale or no sale??

You have no legal right to a return in the first place, so if their returns policy states this, that's how it falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Ok. Thanks for reply. Thought there would be a general "across the board" policy rather than individual shops having their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

heldel00 wrote: »
    Ok. Thanks for reply. Thought there would be a general "across the board" policy rather than individual shops having their own.

Think of it this way, you buy something for €100 today, sale starts next Monday, you bring it back on Monday and get a credit note for €100 then go back on Tuesday to buy the same item which is now on sale for €60 therefore profiting from their goodwill.

Advertisement