Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Huawei smartphones any good?

Options
  • 19-11-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

I am thinking of getting the Huawei Ascend G620s and want to know are Huawei phones any good. I was also thinking of moving to three would that be a good thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Excellent, in a word. Have had 2 of them over the past 3 yrs. A Ascend G 300 which had a huge following in the Android Forum. The 2nd one is a Ascend Y300. Another excellent phone. This phone also had a big following in the Android forum. Do a search there and you will find out all you need to know. Ther are a lot more Huawei models around since I got the Y300, 18 months ago. I have no hesitation in highly recommending Huawei.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Got the new Huawei and would not get another. Camera stop working, I am on my second one and again camera stopped working. Have to go and see can I get another tomorrow, but if it happens again I will have to get the HTC 610.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I had a Y300 before and I would recommend Huawei phones to people as a good entry-level phone (the y300, y330 etc) as they're cheap to buy, cheap to unlock, relatively easy to use and easy to root if you want to get started with that.

I think they lose out the further up the food chain they go - the Moto G is better than the g620 while the Honour 6 competes with the One Plus One - and I honestly believe their software is part of the reason.

3? Depends what you want? If you want data you'll love it but I've heard their call quality is hit or miss. I've not dealt with them myself so this is just my 2 cents.

Advertisement