Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor heating

Options
  • 19-11-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Whats the avg cost per sq ft for underfloor heating supplied and fitted with manifolds. I've almost 3300 sq ft. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 chidorisai

Hi,

I paid 56e by sq/m which included material supplied/fitting/easycreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Sounds expensive in comparison to radiators !

i thought ufh was same price as rads these days??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

bmm wrote: »
    Sounds expensive in comparison to radiators !

i thought ufh was same price as rads these days??

Who told you that chestnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

hexosan wrote: »
    Who told you that chestnut.

Dermot Bannon architect.

Materials like ufh pipes can be purchased quite cheaply online.

Some plumbers would have you believe its very complicated and very expensive but its not complicated or expensive !

Buyer beware! Shop around !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

bmm wrote: »
    Dermot Bannon architect.

Materials like ufh pipes can be purchased quite cheaply online.

Some plumbers would have you believe its very complicated and very expensive but its not complicated or expensive !

Buyer beware! Shop around !

from experience I would highlight the definite buyer beware with these points.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

Easy screed is overkill in a low energy house that is part L compliant imo .... and grouping the price of easy screed with UFH skews the perception.... i.e.: its not like you don't need a finished floor if you go with rads !
    And i'd agree that (at a very macro level), cost of manifold plus piping would not be a lot different to cost of rads plus pipes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Priced a similar house recently 3500 sq ft €13.50 per m2 for 40mm easy screed and around 3.5k underfloor heating pipe and ancillary items materials only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

No such thing as average price. No of circuits/manifolds/stats/controllers etc all influence it.

Don't confuse being asked for more money than rads with the job actually costing more than rads....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Re stats ..... in a part L comppliant house with UFH, you don't need stats. I don't have any ... in house 15 months and have never missed them !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

blast06 wrote: »
    Re stats ..... in a part L comppliant house with UFH, you don't need stats. I don't have any ... in house 15 months and have never missed them !

I don't know about anyone else, but I use stats to have different temps in different places, it's got nothing to do with Part L.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

Fair enough..... but have you MHRV and done the maths ?
    Just weighing up cost of electrician wiring for all stats plus cost of stats themselves .... say €1,000.
    This is just under 3 times my annual heating bill (€390 for 1st year in house) for 20 degrees 24/7/365 for a (just about) A2 2600 sq ft house.
    If i wanted to leave say 600 sq ft with heating turned off then given i can't turn off MRHV for a zone like that then at max i would say i'd only save €70-80 per year.
    So ~14 years to save back my ~€1000 investment .... and 14 years without heating on in a large section of the house ..... No thanks !!

Woops, edit ... disregard entire comment. I misread "different temps" as "no temps" (i.e.: heating off) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Paddy James

Hello

Doing a new build
    3,200sq down 2,200 up 1,000

Underfloor or rads with oil burner, multi burner and buffer tank or with air to water?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hello

Doing a new build
    3,200sq down 2,200 up 1,000

Underfloor or rads with oil burner, multi burner and buffer tank or with air to water?

BER provisional result detailing both options = ?

Advertisement