Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wholesale price query

Options
  • 19-11-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    How would I work out a price for selling on to a distributer who will then sell directly on to retail shop? Goods are only retailing approx €2.00 costing 25c/ unit. We have only supplied direct to a couple retail shops in the past but not any more and used to give anything from 15-30% on retail price. Really over thinking it at this stage..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It varies I would have thought 60c to the distributor so they can sell it to the retailer at 80c and the retailer sells it at €2 assuming its a standard rate product.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

0% rated.
    Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Optimum wrote: »
    0% rated.
    Thanks for that.

90c/€1 depending on likely volume so they can sell it on at €1.20 and it still retails at €2. Maybe structure its so its €1 upto x per month and 90c over. I guess it depends on how good a relationship you want to have with them if they are going to be single handidly giving your company substantial growth I would be willing to go to 80c so there is enough margin for them to motivate them to really push it. What sort of shops stock your product? Might be interested!

Advertisement