Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a goose?

Options
  • 19-11-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I'm looking for a fresh (not frozen) goose, any recommendations on where to get a good one? I live in D7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

when do you want it for?
    Jenny McNally in Temple Bar Market will have them for Christmas but currently they're still running about the fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

nosietoes wrote: »
    when do you want it for?
    Jenny McNally in Temple Bar Market will have them for Christmas but currently they're still running about the fields.

Christmas will be just fine, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I have tried Geese out of various butchers and none of them impressed me. The bird always looked tired and bashed. But the last few years I have gotten it from James Lawlor Butchers in Rathmines and its brilliant. You have to phone in an order now,as Geese in all butchers are to order(you might get a ****ty one if you turn up to a butcher to get one)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fresh they cost a small fortune, I got a frozen one in Lidl last year and it was delicious

Most butchers will order them in for you if you want fresh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Fresh goose costs an arm and a leg..not a lot of meat on them either.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. I think it's worth a try, it's only the inlaws after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

The Market Butcher in Parkgate Shopping Center on Prussia Street is taking orders for Christmas goose. I'm seriously tempted to get one even though it's just myself for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The Market Butcher in Parkgate Shopping Center on Prussia Street is taking orders for Christmas goose. I'm seriously tempted to get one even though it's just myself for Christmas!

Why not get a duck instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Why not get a duck instead?

I thought of that too. I'm torn because for me, the best Christmas dinner is goose but I do enjoy duck also. What to do? What to do?! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I thought of that too. I'm torn because for me, the best Christmas dinner is goose but I do enjoy duck also. What to do? What to do?! :p

Get a three bird roast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Im not one for ridiculous spending. But a Goose is something you only have once a year and might as well get a fresh Irish one at €60-70 than a frozen one from Lidl that is €25, that comes from some horrible farm in Eastern Europe. €60 wouldn't get you a decent meal in any restaurant in Dublin. Sometimes its would spending a bit more to get quality, especially for christmas

Advertisement