Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon telling me to contact Manufacturer

Options
  • 19-11-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I bought a Samsung robot vac from amazon.de last January and it's great but the internal brush has created friction and and has actually worn a little hole in the casing where it is seated and it is rattling and like crazy and obviously the more friction the more it is wearing. I have used sugru to patch up the hole and it lasts a couple of days before needing to be done again.

I contacted amazon.de and they emailed me back with the following

Dear customer,

I am sorry to hear that the item " Samsung SR8846 NaviBot Robotersauger / HEPA 11 / Silber " in your order (#******* ) is not working properly.

For the warranty of your product Amazon.de recommends to contact the manufacturer first. In general there is always an option to have the item repaired or to get spare parts replaced. Some companies do even offer an in home repair service free of charge.

Here are the manufacturer's details:

Email : http://www.samsung.com/de/support/

Tel: 01806 / 67 26 78 64

If you have sent the item to the manufacturer and didn't get the shipping cost replaced, inform us about the paid amount and Amazon will refund you the costs in form of a promotional gift certificate.

Probably you will be asked to add the invoice to the return shipment, and in case you don't have it anymore you can download and print an invoice online from "Mein Konto" (http://www-amazon.de/mein-konto) for most of the orders placed later than the 01.07.2013. If this isn't possible, please contact us via the following form:

http://www.amazon.de/kontaktformular

If the manufacturer doesn't offer a satisfactory solution contact us via the same form again, and inform us about your current delivery address.

I hope I was able to help you with this information.

Warmest regards,
    Shankar

I'm not crazy on dealing with Samsung to be honest and I would prefer Amazon.de to deal with it and take it back from me for repair.

Do I have to deal with Samsung first or what are my rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Your contract is with Amazon and if you request them to deal with a defective product then they are legally required to do so. You can choose to apply Irish consumer law if you are habitually resident here despite the fact the seller is elsewhere in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Deub

They recommend you to contact the manufacturer but they don't oblige you. Just reply that you prefer them to take care of the warranty than Samsung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

I have to say that reads like very good service from Amazon; that you can get it done through them but you will probably get a better service from the manufacturer, but if it doesn't work out, they'll sort it, and they'll refund you any postage costs you incur.

Not much else you can ask for I'd have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks for the replies, I will email amazon saying I would prefer they sort it out.

former legend, amazon are great for customer service but the email threw me as normally as if there is something faulty they have always arranged a return and sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Was the bot brought from a third-party seller on Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

No, it was from Amazon directly, I just double checked there

Advertisement