Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The lough crib.

Options
  • 19-11-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows when the lough crib is being lit up this year. I've searched online but no luck, I live nearby and there are no notices up either, I know its usually early in december but no exact date to be found, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Thanks OP Im going to follow this...Ive only managed to go once as its never advertised(got lovely hot chocolate on the night:)) never thought of asking here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I hope they haven't cancelled it..It must be annoying the way people were taking things from it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I only just mentioned it to my wife yesterday.

It seems to me they are leaving it very late this year.

I wouldn't think they have cancelled it, as they only rebuilt it during the summer.

Probably just leaving it a bit late this year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

maybe whoever is doing it is one of those people who thinks Christmas is ages away and tisnt..Probably go up for the 8th

I have just been told that the Crib is going up, and the lights being switched on, on Monday 1st of December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I have just been told that the Crib is going up, and the lights being switched on, on Monday 1st of December.

Glad to hear it!
    I really hate seeing anything Christmas related before December 1st, Christmas just isn't the same when the businesses try and make it last for 2 solid months (I know its extra money for them but argh!)

kingtut wrote: »
    Glad to hear it!
    I really hate seeing anything Christmas related before December 1st, Christmas just isn't the same when the businesses try and make it last for 2 solid months (I know its extra money for them but argh!)

Agreed.

I detest it. Some people find it hard enough to buy things for their kids without having to add another few months onto the pain and agony.

Same with people that already have up the trees and decorations.

Either soft in the head, or looking for attention.

December 1st seems to be perfect for the Crib at The Lough. Great timing to be getting into the festive spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I passed this way earlier and it's all set up for tomorrow night at 7,The donkey sanctuary will be doing their bit plus a choir from a nearby school, get there early as it's always fairly packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I passed this way earlier and it's all set up for tomorrow night at 7,The donkey sanctuary will be doing their bit plus a choir from a nearby school, get there early as it's always fairly packed.

Any news on when this year's crib is being lit up? I haven't seen any work being done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Yogi81

Any news on when this year's crib is being lit up? I haven't seen any work being done yet.

There was a JCB clearing all the gravel infront of it this morning.

Hopefully they will take away the floating pontoon with the rubbish on it from last year. Still in next to the island past the Hawthorn Bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Milly33 wrote: »
    maybe whoever is doing it is one of those people who thinks Christmas is ages away and tisnt..Probably go up for the 8th

Ah, tis really. Still only November like

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I believe the lights and crib are up next Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Milly33 wrote: »
    I hope they haven't cancelled it..It must be annoying the way people were taking things from it
    I'm surprised people were stealing from it, considering it's a 200m swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

aujopimur wrote: »

More like 20 m wade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

aujopimur wrote: »

we should definitely put in a bid to host the Olympics :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Well as the other port city of Hamburg has dropped out: plus one vote for me - Cork 2024!

Advertisement