Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Week off - round Ireland trip -

• 20-11-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

I'll be doing a bit of tour myself over the next week. I've taken next week off and intend driving south from Dublin, down through wicklow/wexford, maybe as far as waterford, find a bnb and then off to west cork, find a cheapo hotel for a few days, across to the ring of kerry, bnb that for a night, then up to Galway> Donegal> Antrim coast and back down.
    There will be very little planning, a few tools in the back box, pair of jeans in the dry bag, and thats about it. Thats the law haha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Hope the weather is kind to ya, bitter one this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

I envy you brother; one of my dreams is to ride the perimeter of Ireland stooping to see all the sights along the way with absolutely no worries of keeping a timetable.
    Keep us posted and take lots of pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Good stuff mate, get as many pics as you can. Maybe post up your deffo route I am sure there are lads on here that could meet you for a cuppa and a grin along the way mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

If you are coming from Kerry to Galway I would recommend coming on the ferry for tarbert to killimer and then coming up the coast road in Clare. Good enough roads and fantastic views of the Atlantic/Aran/ Galway bay (well, if the fog lifts).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I'll defo give that one a go ratracer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

get to clifden theres tea biscuits and a workshop if needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^
    Haha cheers man,
    If anyone has done this before, is it handy enough pullin into a bnb/hostel/hotel and getting a bed? I dont want to go down the avenue of a fixed route with prebooked accommodation. Do you get ripped off if you don't prebook?

Edit
    Don't care, just gonna go, see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

this time of year the hostels in clifden are closed, some b+b are open around town, hotels are open but dunno what they would charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

If you're considering hostels don't overlook An Oige Youth Hostels. Many of them are open year round. Hostels are often a good place for the solitary traveller to find some pleasant company.

The main road from Waterford to Cork (and beyond!) is very tedious. Unless you're keen to take a few coastal/mountain detours I'd press on to the west.
    If you want a local guide - at the weekend - from Cork city to West Cork\Kerry let me know. I'll be out 'biking on Sunday, dry weather forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

I would try and airbnb it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement