Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

YBR 125 Forks

• 20-11-2014 2:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if anyone knew the best place to pick up complete fork assemblys (both left and right) for a Yamaha YBR 125.

I've looked online, all new genuine one are coming in at over 300 bucks each.

Rang around a couple of bike breakers but they seem to have everything but forks.

Do Yamaha use these forks on any other model bike? If so might have better luck.

If not ayone know any bike breakers, or anyone selling YBR 125 parts for cheap enough? Don't have to be new just in usable condition!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,373 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Front end crash right? It's a learner bike so that probably explains why there are none in the breakers...

The fork sliders are probably ok. If the stanchions (chrome tubes) are not too badly bent and not creased then they can be straightened. Not a DIY job, but I got a pair done about ten years ago and it wasn't expensive (I dismantled and rebuilt the forks myself though.) You should get the bike frame checked out too to make sure it's not bent.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

Very hard to find used forks for the YBR in good condition.
    Had the same problem with one of my own bikes, bought new fork stanchions, seals & dust seals & rebuilt them.

What condition are your own forks in, could they be rebuilt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Front end crash right? It's a learner bike so that probably explains why there are none in the breakers...

The fork sliders are probably ok. If the stanchions (chrome tubes) are not too badly bent and not creased then they can be straightened. Not a DIY job, but I got a pair done about ten years ago and it wasn't expensive (I dismantled and rebuilt the forks myself though.) You should get the bike frame checked out too to make sure it's not bent.

Not a crash, the stanchions were fairly pitted beyond repair when i got the bike and now its getting ti the stage where the forks are unsafe.

Roadcraft wrote: »
    Very hard to find used forks for the YBR in good condition.
    Had the same problem with one of my own bikes, bought new fork stanchions, seals & dust seals & rebuilt them.

What condition are your own forks in, could they be rebuilt?

The stanchions were heavily pitted when i got the bike but the forks worked grand for a while but now they are becoming unsafe, as far as i know theres little or no oil left in them, i doubt there in a condition to be rebuilt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

send just the tubes to e & g manly in meath - they can hard plate them and grind them back

be like new

http://www.hardchromeplating.ie/

loads of places for seals n bushings n stuff

http://www.brooksbarn.co.uk/YBR125_B24C1X.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

CJhaughey wrote: »

They look good, they're for the 2005/2006 version I have the 2008 version but they look similar, I'll go take a look at my own and see if I notice anything different.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

gctest50 wrote: »
    send just the tubes to e & g manly in meath - they can hard plate them and grind them back

be like new

http://www.hardchromeplating.ie/

loads of places for seals n bushings n stuff

http://www.brooksbarn.co.uk/YBR125_B24C1X.aspx

Out of interest,how much does it roughly cost to rechrome a stanchion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

have a gander at yamaha's (rather excellent) parts finder;

http://parts.yamaha-motor.co.uk/ypec_b2c/

you can look up the part# for the part you're looking for (ie, complete front fork RHS 27S-F3103-00), and then change your vehicle selection, and check other years. FWIW, the 2008 forks, look to match the 2005 ones - doublecheck though!

Have used the excellent reverse parts lookup on ronayers (http://www.ronayersmotorcycles.com/fiche_select.asp) in the past, but it doesnt seem to pick up that particular part number - I think its probably only dealing with american domestic bikes unfortunately.
    You could put in a part number, and it would tell you all the bikes it was used on. Made it great for the second hand / ebay shopping - gave a lot more searching options

They look good, they're for the 2005/2006 version I have the 2008 version but they look similar, I'll go take a look at my own and see if I notice anything different.

Cheers!

Looked at them & the fork tubes for sale on e-bay, very poor quality, chinese made.

• Advertisement

The stanchions were heavily pitted when i got the bike but the forks worked grand for a while but now they are becoming unsafe, as far as i know theres little or no oil left in them, i doubt there in a condition to be rebuilt

You could get your own forks rebuilt with new stanchions, fork seals & dust seals (all genuine Yamaha parts) & to suit your model & year for 240 Euro.

Roadcraft wrote: »
    You could get your own forks rebuilt with new stanchions, fork seals & dust seals (all genuine Yamaha parts) & to suit your model & year for 240 Euro.

Yeah, I might strip them soon and see if theres any damage inside, if not I'll chance the rebuild.

Advertisement