Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on the A&R Marketplace

Options
  • 20-11-2014 9:45am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Before the Marketplace charter is updated, I was hoping i could get some feedback on how you think things work at the minute, the good, the bad and what improvements if any you guys think would make things better?

Throw your ideas out there!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So far I think the place is working out fantastic and has been a huge success. I'm delighted to be able to give folks here first dibs on items rather than selling them to the masses on adverts (and risk seeing them resold at a profit! :eek:)

One thing I wouldn't mind being given some consideration. I know it's an A&R forum and we want to keep non A&R things off the forum, but what about allowing other items to be traded for A&R items?

For example someone might be trading an A&R item but would in fact accept something non A&R. (Maybe a more modern console?)

So I don't mean non A&R items being listed (would hate to see modern stuff polluting the forum's thread titles!) but allowing people to either state that'd accept X modern item for trade or for people to even offer modern items on thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

So your suggesting that if you are trading an "Arcade or Retro" item that you could accept something that isn't classed the same for it. eg a PS3 or Xbox.

This, in theory, would apply to "Trade" listings only. Where would you see the line being drawn, as in would you offer against an "Arcade or Retro" item something that is non gaming related? Non Retro? Just wondering, not sure how we are limited with the marketplace taking adverts into account. Good suggestion, would add to the marketplace but not sure if we are allowed do that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah in reality I'd like to see no limit at all, but it would probably need to be reigned in to a degree. Obviously we don't want people offering cars or kitchen cookers (!) but I think it would be interesting to see people offering a variety of consumer electronic goods.

So for example-

Thread Title: Megadrive for sale/trade
    Thread OP: I have a Megadrive for sale, looking for either €30 euro, trade for a snes/Jaguar/360/guitar pedal/music equipment etc.

Just opens up the possibility for trades a bit more really. But I agree, there would have to be a line somewhere.

Ok cool, ill look into that and see what happens. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As proposed before, a selling template really would be of benefit. Far too many ads listed that omit where the seller is, if they'll offer postage, if they entertain collection, parcel motel, if paypal is taken etc etc. Having a template would save people having to ask the same questions time & again.

• Advertisement

What would you guys like to see in the template, apart from the obvious ones?

Item:
    Price:
    Postage\Collection:
    Description:

Photos:

anymore feedback on the Marketplace before the charter us updated at the end of the week?

Thanks a lot.

Colours for the tags:

Green = For Sale
    Blue = Wanted/Trade
    Red= Sold/Closed/Archived

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is it possible for a normal user to keep editing his post? For example if you're selling lots of items, it would be handy if seller's went back and crossed out or marked items as Sold. Maybe it's just me being lazy but I cba looking at all the subsequent posts to see what has sold and what is left. :o

Thought I remember someone saying boards might have some cut off blocking the editing. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is it possible for a normal user to keep editing his post? For example if you're selling lots of items, it would be handy if seller's went back and crossed out or marked items as Sold. Maybe it's just me being lazy but I cba looking at all the subsequent posts to see what has sold and what is left. :o

Thought I remember someone saying boards might have some cut off blocking the editing. Not sure though.

That would be handy, all info and prices in first post. Haggling etc in posts below.

I do like the traffic light system idea also.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »

That would indeed be handy, but unfortunately it's a sitewide thing & not something that can be changed easily :(

Another handy thing (I mentioned to Keith already), is if users can just report their own post when the ad has sold, Keith will get an email then & archive the thread. Saves the marketplace getting flooded with thread after thread of sold items

Colour tags are now implemented and i think they look good! Great idea Myrddin

Green = For Sale
    Blue = Trade
    Purple=Purple
    Orange= Free
    Red= Sold\Archived

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

keithgeo wrote: »
    Colour tags are now implemented and i think they look good! Great idea Myrddin

Green = For Sale
    Blue = Trade
    Purple=Purple
    Orange= Free
    Red= Sold\Archived

Purple=Purple

That usually is the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've always liked purple being purple myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Is it ok to put up modern stuff for sale/trade around this time of year again? I think it was last year it was allowed. Just wondering because I might have something current to sell and do not want to be dealing with adverts or the like on this one.

Is it ok to put up modern stuff for sale/trade around this time of year again? I think it was last year it was allowed. Just wondering because I might have something current to sell and do not want to be dealing with adverts or the like on this one.

Currently No, but ill follow up and see.

Purple=Purple

That usually is the case!

Haha Purple=Wanted

Dead.. or Alive.

Hi guys, so the new charter will be up and running in January, theres not many changes just updates to the original. The one big update is a template that must be filled out for all posts on the Marketplace.
    Item: [What are you Selling\Trading\Giving Away\Looking For]

Post\Collection: [Do you post\Collection Only\Delivery\Meetup]

Price: [Selling Price\Wanted- "Willing to Pay"\Free\Trade]

Followed by your own description and photos.

This template will be mandatory for all items on the Marketplace, if you post without filling it in, your post will be deleted and you will be pm'd and asked to re-post correctly.

Any feedback on anything in the template?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe include payment methods accepted too?

Great idea, dont know how i missed that one! Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement