Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 broadband speed query

Options
  • 20-11-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some advice.

My PS4 is connected to the internet through a homeplug connection. I am with Eircom eFibre up to 50Mbps. Up until last week I had been getting speeds of anything between 25-35Mbps on the PS4. Never checked my ping speed but must have been good as well as I never experienced lag online.

The last few days however I have only been getting download speeds of 200-900kpbs !! I plugged the same homeplug into my laptop last night and got speeds of 25Mbps so the homeplug is working fine.

Does anyone know any possible reason why my PS4 is only "receiving" this very slow speed now?

I can't think of any reasons. As I said the homeplug is working fine so it must be something with the PS4. There was a PS4 firmware update last week but I can't remember if it was directly after this update that the speeds then became slower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Download speed depends on the not just your connection, but where you are downloading from. There may be no problem at all at your end, and it could be the Sony Market place that is slow...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Download speed depends on the not just your connection, but where you are downloading from. There may be no problem at all at your end, and it could be the Sony Market place that is slow...

Thanks for your response. I don't be downloading from anywhere in particular, just checking my connection speed in the settings section on the PS4 homepage. I have struggled to get games with opponents online as well so I'm thinking these issues may be connected.

Advertisement