Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CLAMPED - even though I'd PAID for parking!

• 20-11-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

OK clamping horror stories are common-place but this one is a little different I think.

I was clamped in an Irish rail car park DESPITE having paid (a yearly tax-saver rate). There is a swap facility available via email if you use two vehicles. I had used this on a number of occasions in the recent past with no difficulties. However on this occasion the email wasn't picked up, actioned whatever...

Anyway, after the usual hassles & long delay I finally got through to a (human) controller & made it clear I would NOT be giving my credit card details (€120) as I had already paid for parking! He checked the system, (eventually) found my email & conceded I had been WRONGFULLY clamped. A van was on the way. Unfortunately the nearest one was approx 65km away & stuck in heavy traffic. I was given an ETA of an hour. In the end it was 1hr 30 mins and I lost 2hrs(!) in total due to inadequate signage & delays waiting to talk to an operator.

I know Varadker had legislation in the pipeline to stymie these 'operators' but I don't think it's been fully enacted yet(?). In any case, I'm wondering what is the best course of action because the whole ordeal was upsetting & maddening to say the least. I am no solicitor but as I see it my property was illegally & unjustifiably tampered with & immobilised.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I fully understand your frustration at what happened

I use Park-by-Text and on one or two occasions things seem not to have worked (i.e., I didn't get a confirmation text) and I had to pay for a ticket to be safe as I didn't want to risk it. On these occasions the firm have checked the system and refunded me the extra cost.

I suppose the bottom line is mistakes/system errors can happen and in this case while you severely inconvenienced, you were not charged.

I think rather than talking about solicitors and illegal acts, perhaps you should first simply write to the firm and see if they are willing to compensate you through perhaps a discount or similar to your annual fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Invoice them for your lost time.

Advertisement