Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre availability in my area?

Options
  • 20-11-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering when Efibre will be available at my address. I checked the Eircom wholesale map and there is a cabinet live over 300m from my house. The other live cabinets on the map are than 700m away. 

Can one of the reps find out if there are any plans for Efibre at my location in the near future as I have been looking forward to Efibre for more than a year now?

Can I PM my address to one of the reps?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I am wondering when Efibre will be available at my address. I checked the Eircom wholesale map and there is a cabinet live over 300m from my house. The other live cabinets on the map are than 700m away. 

Can one of the reps find out if there are any plans for Efibre at my location in the near future as I have been looking forward to Efibre for more than a year now?

Can I PM my address to one of the reps?

Thanks.
    Hi PenguinForce

Feel free to PM me your address

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭PenguinForce

Hi, I PM the address last week. Its been a few days now and there still no response?

Hi, I PM the address last week. Its been a few days now and there still no response?
    Hi PenguinForce

I have looked in to this and spoke to operations in your area who have confirmed that as your line and others lines in your estate are directly fed from the exchange eircom can’t provide the service at the moment but we are working on a new product that we hope to have available within 12 months.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭PenguinForce

Hi PenguinForce

I have looked in to this and spoke to operations in your area who have confirmed that as your line and others lines in your estate are directly fed from the exchange eircom can’t provide the service at the moment but we are working on a new product that we hope to have available within 12 months.

Thanks
    AL
    Thanks Alan for the reply. When you said that Eircom is working on a "new product" does that mean Efibre for the area or something completely different?

Thanks.

Hi PenguinForce

Thanks
    AL
    Thanks Alan for the reply. When you said that Eircom is working on a "new product" does that mean Efibre for the area or something completely different?

Thanks.
    No worries PenguinForce - apologies, I could have made that a little clearer, 'new product' means fibre but not fibre from the cabinet which is the current type of fibre provided by eircom. I don't have much specs or information on this but as soon as I do I'll do my best to let you know as I'm compiling threads of similar circumstance to this.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement