Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas and electricity providers

Options
  • 20-11-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've purchasedy my first house and will be moving in on the 4th of December and was hoping some of the knowledgable boardsies couple help me with some (probably stupid) questions.

As regards the gas and electricity, will the provider that the original owner was with still be installed (they are moving out the same day) and is it just a case of changing over the bill payer to myself?

Who is the best provider to go with as regards price for gas and electricity? And is it best to get both with the same provider and different providers?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Blindside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

you need your GPRN (for gas) and MPRN (for elecrticity) number in order to switch. Try to get it from the previous people oif you can't call their current providers and get them through there.
    Once you have this info all you have to do then is call the provider you have chosen (I have been with airtricity for many years and find them really good) and use the info to switch.
    Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

Go onto Bonkers.ie to get the best rates for both Electricity and Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Thanks for the replies lads, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Some utility companies offer nice discounts if you use them for both electricity and gas supply. Be sure to shop around.

Advertisement