Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-fibre Question

Options
  • 20-11-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom

I am currently connected to Smart Telecom (Digiweb) but I wish to get e-fibre from Eircom. My house is in a fibre enabled area but I keep getting told that e-fibre is not available to me. All of the surrounding areas and estates can get fibre but not me!! 

Can someone look into this for me and advise if i will ever get e-fibre?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

neacy69 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom

I am currently connected to Smart Telecom (Digiweb) but I wish to get e-fibre from Eircom. My house is in a fibre enabled area but I keep getting told that e-fibre is not available to me. All of the surrounding areas and estates can get fibre but not me!! 

Can someone look into this for me and advise if i will ever get e-fibre?

Thanks
    Hi neacy69

Please PM me your specific address and I'll have this looked in to

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Any update on this? I sent PM yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Any update on this? I sent PM yesterday
    Hi neacy69, Al is off today, would you mind sending PM to me and I can get back to you today?
    Tony

PM sent a while back to Tony..>Thanks tony! 

Can someone update meet on this?

• Advertisement

Can someone update me on this?

Hi neacy69

I have had confirmation from efibre planning and the operatioal crews in your area that your specific estate will not qualify for efibre as lines are directly fed from the exchange. Efibre is delivered thorough cabinets but your lines do not flow through the cabinet. The best information I can offer you is that eircom are working on a new product that we hope to have available within 12 months.

Sorry I could not offer you better news and apologies for the delays neacy69

Thanks
    Al

Hi neacy69

I have had confirmation from efibre planning and the operatioal crews in your area that your specific estate will not qualify for efibre as lines are directly fed from the exchange. Efibre is delivered thorough cabinets but your lines do not flow through the cabinet. The best information I can offer you is that eircom are working on a new product that we hope to have available within 12 months.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply. 

Directly fed from the exchange? never heard of that before.....surely I should be getting better than the patchy 4mb connection I've been receiving then....

Thanks
    Conor

Hi neacy69

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply. 

Directly fed from the exchange? never heard of that before.....surely I should be getting better than the patchy 4mb connection I've been receiving then....

Thanks
    Conor
    I can't help with your speeds as your broadband is not provided by eircom neacy69

Although I can confirm speeds are dependent on distance from the exchange, best to contact your broadband provider about this.

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement
Advertisement