Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toto @ Vicar St., May23th, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Should be a great night, great band live and a new album on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

I know somebody* who just creamed their jocks at this news ...

* not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Best gig announcement ever ! So looking forward to this ! new album on the way as well ! Going to be a highlight of the year !

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Hi, I'm honestly not being bad or musically snobby, just curious? Are there that many people into Toto? I've not heard of them since the 80's. Obviously they've had releases since then. But would they still draw a crowd? I've not even heard anyone mention them bar the odd dj in 20 years. I am honestly interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Shred

I heard this earlier, great news! I saw them in the Mean Fiddler in 96 and it was a superb gig. Oh and Joseph Williams (son of John) is back on vocals; he's probably my favourite of all their lead vocalists with Bobby Kimball a close 2nd. Steve Porcaro is back also and keeping the Porcaro name in the band after Mike sadly contracted als. Then there's David Hungate who has also been involved these past few years so he might be there also, a lot of the old crew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

They'll sell out vicar st in the blink of an eye. One of the best live bands around! Would have thought the point would have suited??

Ah I don't think they'd have the pulling power for a bigger venue here tbh, in France and the like sure. Like the poster a few back, many people don't think they're relavant anymore, but they put on a superb live show that many would enjoy and despite most of their hits being from 20+ years ago they still have an incredible back catalog of AAA tunes. Having said that Vicar St. probably will sell out though.

I hope Vicar Street is standing for this !

I was thinking about that earlier myself, considering the band and the age group they're likely to attract it could be seated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

There's hardly a pre-sale for this is there?

• Advertisement

It is standing on the ground floor, tickets are Euro 44.05 plus all the usual and go on sale Thursday 27th November !

I cannot wait for this one got tickets to the Glasgow gig on the 21st May yesterday !

Lovely stuff, I'll be ready to grab 4 first thing Thursday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Got my ticket!!!!

Got my ticket!!!!

We got 14 between us Standing no problem ! So looking forward to this !

Seen them every tour since 1988 caught them last year in Amsterdam / 2012 in Denmark and 2011 in Italy on the Reunion tours with David Paich, Joseph Williams and Steve Porcaro and they were fantastic !

Original bass player on the first IV albums David Hungate is back in the band and the only downside is that Simon Philips has left to purse his solo band Protocol but Keith Carlock from Steely Dan is now on drums ! These boys have some pedigree !

We got 14 between us Standing no problem ! So looking forward to this !

Seen them every tour since 1988 caught them last year in Amsterdam / 2012 in Denmark and 2011 in Italy on the Reunion tours with David Paich, Joseph Williams and Steve Porcaro and they were fantastic !

Original bass player on the first IV albums David Hungate is back in the band and the only downside is that Simon Philips has left to purse his solo band Protocol but Keith Carlock from Steely Dan is now on drums ! These boys have some pedigree !

Every tour since '88?! That's mighty impressive and you would have gotten to see Jeff (a big hero of mine) a few times too you jammy fecker :eek:

I got 4 standing this morning, I was trying to get 2 for my sister in block B facing the stage but they were gone. Roll on May 23rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Shred wrote: »
    Every tour since '88?! That's mighty impressive and you would have gotten to see Jeff (a big hero of mine) a few times too you jammy fecker :eek:

I got 4 standing this morning, I was trying to get 2 for my sister in block B facing the stage but they were gone. Roll on May 23rd!

When it's standing on the ground floor they don't sell the seats in the Blocks A, B and C but you can still sit in those blocks - the only difference is they'd be unreserved.

I think you're better off standing. If you sat in Block B when the ground floor is standing, to be able to see the band on stage properly you'd need to sit at the back row, Row D, against the wall for the extra bit of height.

Even at fully seated gigs, if you sat in the first or second row in Block B, it can be distracting when your view of the stage is interrupted by people walking in and out of the toilets and bars, along the space in between the back row of tables and the sound desk.:)

Blocks D, E and F upstairs are reserved seated blocks.

Block E on the balcony faces the stage.

Did ye all see Steve Lukather in The Village in March 2011?:) A great gig. Accept, Steve Lukather and Jethro Tull played one night after another in Dublin that time!:)

Yes I was so lucky to have seen Jeff 5 Times with the band ! the first gig Simon Philips played with the band as well Manchester 92 ! I have also seen Gregg Bissonette and Shannon Foresst on drums with the band !

Glad you got your tickets roll on 23rd May !

[
    Did ye all see Steve Lukather in The Village in March 2011?:) A great gig. Accept, Steve Lukather and Jethro Tull played one night after another in Dublin that time!:)[/QUOTE]

Yes I was at the 3 gigs Accept was packed to the rafters great gig in the Village and the next night you could have drove a forty foot through the crowd there was hardly anybody there but Luke and his band rocked as always ! Seen him last year in Munich on the Transistion tour as good as ever !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

[
    Did ye all see Steve Lukather in The Village in March 2011?:) A great gig. Accept, Steve Lukather and Jethro Tull played one night after another in Dublin that time!:)

Yes I was at the 3 gigs Accept was packed to the rafters great gig in the Village and the next night you could have drove a forty foot through the crowd there was hardly anybody there but Luke and his band rocked as always ! Seen him last year in Munich on the Transistion tour as good as ever ![/QUOTE]

Yes, Accept were excellent. There was a promotional video they did shortly afterwards that included footage of the tour including clips from the Village gig.

Hopefully they'll tour here again, they didn't play here on the Stalingrad album tour.

When it's standing on the ground floor they don't sell the seats in the Blocks A, B and C but you can still sit in those blocks - the only difference is they'd be unreserved.

I dislike sitting at gigs personally but thanks for the info on seating arrangements at Vicar street, I haven't been there in a few years.

I only found out this week that Luke played in 2011 :o

• Advertisement

Yes I was so lucky to have seen Jeff 5 Times with the band ! the first gig Simon Philips played with the band as well Manchester 92 ! I have also seen Gregg Bissonette and Shannon Foresst on drums with the band !

Glad you got your tickets roll on 23rd May !

Wow, I would love to have seen him once! I somtimes think about the amount of band gigs/tours I've missed when they were just a short plane trip away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Appears to be sold out

Wow, I would love to have seen him once! I somtimes think about the amount of band gigs/tours I've missed when they were just a short plane trip away.

Hi Shred back in the day when I seen the band with Jeff it was not a short plane trip away there was no ryanair so you were at the mercy of Aer Lingus and boy did they charge back then. It was the boat and train all the way back then.

Have to say though jeff is some drummer live I am sure you have the 1990 Toto live in Paris dvd something else. My favourite dvd is the Swedish Club gig in 1988 the band were on fire playing mostly covers but they were relaxed and the playing as always was top notch.

leakyboots wrote: »
    Appears to be sold out

SOLD OUT As the band did in the Mean Fiddler back in the day as well, great to see that people still remember them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Dammit...payday came too late!

Hi Shred back in the day when I seen the band with Jeff it was not a short plane trip away there was no ryanair so you were at the mercy of Aer Lingus and boy did they charge back then. It was the boat and train all the way back then.

Have to say though jeff is some drummer live I am sure you have the 1990 Toto live in Paris dvd something else. My favourite dvd is the Swedish Club gig in 1988 the band were on fire playing mostly covers but they were relaxed and the playing as always was top notch.

Yeah this is true in regards to flight costs etc, probably a factor in why I didn't go to more gigs and I'm just forgetting that! Yeah I love the Paris gig, another drummer I knew told me BBC were going to be showing it and to check it out (26/12/90 according to here http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/abb99ab3b7264ff08b9d8e4f09f689ba). Needless to say I was impressed and used to watch it endlessly which started my love of the band.

It's great to hear the gig's sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ddonog115

hey lads, totally missed out on tickets for this..i love toto and only heard about it last week..have enquired a few places about tickets but no luck so far..gonna keep trying..if ye know of anyone even selling one i'd really appreciate it, thanks..vicar st is such a great venue to see a band in, saw slash there a couple of years back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MJP2608

ddonog115 wrote: »
    hey lads, totally missed out on tickets for this..i love toto and only heard about it last week..have enquired a few places about tickets but no luck so far..gonna keep trying..if ye know of anyone even selling one i'd really appreciate it, thanks..vicar st is such a great venue to see a band in, saw slash there a couple of years back!

+1 for me, if anyone has a spare ticket going or knows someone with one I'd be extremely grateful

Keep an eye on Ticketmaster in the weeks leading up to the gig. It's fairly common for additional tickets to be released once the venue receives the staging plans. Toutless is another option, I hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

First single off the new album

Advertisement