Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IPod Classic Battery Replacement

• 20-11-2014 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

I put my beloved IPod through the wash. Dried it out in rice and it says on the screen 'connect to power'. So when I plug it in for hours and take it out iI still get the same message. SO i think my battery is fcuked. Does apple do new batteries? The device was bought in 2008. Or am I better off buying a new IPod classic. OR is there services that replace Ipod batteries other than apple?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

deadybai wrote: »
    I put my beloved IPod through the wash. Dried it out in rice and it says on the screen 'connect to power'. So when I plug it in for hours and take it out iI still get the same message. SO i think my battery is fcuked. Does apple do new batteries? The device was bought in 2008. Or am I better off buying a new IPod classic. OR is there services that replace Ipod batteries other than apple?

Replacing the battery is easy, presuming that is the issue. Search eBay or Amazon for the correct battery for your model and then follow this guide.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod+Classic+Battery+Replacement/561

Advertisement