Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outsourcing pharmacy end of month paperwork

Options
  • 20-11-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am wondering if any pharmacist's are outsourcing their end of month claims. I know this can be a laborious process and so I am wondering if there is a market for such a service? If you do/would be willing to, how much would be a fair price?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

It is not likely that many pharmacists will read your query, I would contemplate undertaking a survey through Irish Pharmacy Union or similar, it will also give you a statistically more representative result, you need to prove size of demand. I would look at industry articles - if this is an issue for the pharmacist, it is likely that somebody somewhere has published an article about it. Also, if there is somebody else already doing it and have been for a while, then that is a positive indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

MRTULES wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am wondering if any pharmacist's are outsourcing their end of month claims. I know this can be a laborious process and so I am wondering if there is a market for such a service? If you do/would be willing to, how much would be a fair price?
    Thanks in advance.

Most pharmacists, and I'd say 99% plus, use either the Mclernons or Helix dispensing systems which do the processing automatically direct to the HSE and it's all paid electronically with the HSE sending a list of the claims processed afterwards. Some manual checking is required but not much.

I'd see little or no demand for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

searay wrote: »
    Most pharmacists, and I'd say 99% plus, use either the Mclernons or Helix dispensing systems which do the processing automatically direct to the HSE and it's all paid electronically with the HSE sending a list of the claims processed afterwards. Some manual checking is required but not much.

I'd see little or no demand for the service.

Thanks for the advice. I should have been more clear in what service I think would be beneficial to pharmacy. Basically my intentions would be to eliminate the manual and time consuming side of the paperwork eg verification,splitting,need rx,ensuring the correct paperwork is attached ie invoices, items being coded correctly. In many pharmacies the end of month coincides with monthly ordering and quite often(due to the downturn) the same person does both these jobs. This can result in neither job being done 100% accurately resulting in a loss of revenue through rejects and sloppy ordering.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

I think the dispenser should be the person verifying tbh. You need a knowledge of what went on during the month, a knowledge of the patients and a knowledge of the way the dispensary is run. Also, margins are so tight in the dispensary at the minute that i doubt people would want to be giving any profit away for a job they should be able to do themselves. I don't bulk order at the start of the month anymore either. Just do it gradually throughout the month. I wouldn't use such a service.

Advertisement