Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How straightforward is it to rent a holiday home for a month?

Options
  • 20-11-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am thinking of staying in a Holiday Home at some time within the new year but I just wanted to know how straightforward is it to rent a holiday home for a month?

When it comes to renting accommodation for an extended period of time like a full year,
    You need to have references, proof of employment or being a student as well as various other necessary things too.

So what I would like to know is, Is it as simple as just ringing up the person who is advertising the home and saying I'd like to stay there for a month and then that's just it, Sorted?

Or is there more involved than just that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭CiboC

Kschwarz wrote: »
    Is it as simple as just ringing up the person who is advertising the home and saying I'd like to stay there for a month and then that's just it, Sorted?

Yes, it's that simple!

I have done it many times both here and abroad. You will have to prepay for the full time and may have to leave a security deposit but that's all. Be aware of the possibility of scams if you are paying money directly to the owner rather than through an agency.

Are you looking to rent in Ireland or abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kschwarz

CiboC wrote: »
    Yes, it's that simple!

I have done it many times both here and abroad. You will have to prepay for the full time and may have to leave a security deposit but that's all. Be aware of the possibility of scams if you are paying money directly to the owner rather than through an agency.

Are you looking to rent in Ireland or abroad?

I am looking to possibly go on a small trip down to the Western region of Ireland with my GF in the new year and that's why I was querying about how to rent a holiday home for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

I live in a seaside town in the west and you just book the week you want and pay a deposit and then pay the rest when you get here. I will say try to look up reviews on the place you're looking at as most of the holiday home rentals look completely different irl compared to in their internet ads! Some places will meter the electricity and some will be included aswel so make sure and ask about that do you don't get any nasty surprises leaving.

Advertisement