Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dusk/Dawn 70/35 lux

Options
  • 20-11-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am wanting to put up a light in my yard. I would like it to come on close to Dusk and off close to Dawn. From the light sensors that I have seen, it shows that the would come on at 70 lux in the evening and off at 35 lux in the morning. I live in the South East and from what I have seen, this would equate to either 4,147 or 4,150 hours of lighting a year. Does anyone know if I can get a different light sensor that would allow the light to turn on at say 50 lux and off at 20 lux and rough-fully how many hours would the new light sensor save me?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You could install one of these. Much more reliable, offers lots of flexibility, neater and reduced installation time.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

What exactly would be the purpose of the light sensor? the reason i ask is the 20-50 lux application seems a low ish light setting and very narrow range. You would need a light source to take range from 20-50 lux unless waiting for daylight which would be hard to determine exactly. Would a timer not be of any use? as it could be more reliable.

These sensors can go from 2 - 2000 lux and are very good quality...
    http://www.steinel.net/RelId/607600/ISvars/default/Specifications.htm

Advertisement