Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term rentals

Options
  • 20-11-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

This isn't happening immediately, but I am already panicking and it would be good to start doing a bit of research to see what our options might be!

We are a family of 2 adults, 3 young children (age 6 and under) and 2 dogs. We will be undertaking work on our house which will necessitate us having to move out and find a short term rental.

I already know that having dogs and children is going to work against us. As a last resort we will board the dogs with someone although we would much prefer to keep them with us. I also know that having kids is going to go against us too.

We need to stay close to the area we live in as our kids are in school/creche.

I envisage that we would be looking for a property for 6 months.

Has anyone been in this position and if so please share your stories on how easy/difficult it is to secure short term rentals? Should we contact letting agents in our area? How can we overcome the dogs/kids issue (maybe offering a larger deposit?)? Are people interested in letting their properties short term or are we going to find it difficult to find something for less than a 12 month contract?

Any thoughts/advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Could you maybe rent unfurnished? It would mean you don't have to store your own furniture and you could maybe rent off someone who is trying to sell an empty property.

Advertisement