Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chips Ahoy!

Options
  • 20-11-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Misleading packaging..

Chipsahoy.jpg

That photo suggests there's a lot more variety and quite possibly a gooey middle. The reality is a very powdery, budget level, overpriced cookie..

Tesco have them at €1.49 at the moment, 50% off.. Supervalu have them at €2.99!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I lived in the States as a kid and had a big nostalgia blast when I saw these in the store. Very disappointing (even accounting for the clouded expectations of nostalgia). Lidl's regular old chocolate chip (or it could be chunk?) are so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

I like them. They have a chocolate caramel crisp variety also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

They are OK. They arent worth the price and taste like the ****ty cookies on Superquinns Euroshopper or whatever they used to call their own brand line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody taste this:

cadbury+dairy+milk+chips+ahoy!+cookies.tif

NOM lovely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Biscuits are poor, nice packaging but that is it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I nearly died when i saw these on sale here - i used to eat them when i lived in Miami! yum

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Equil

I've tried both flavours and I'd say Chocolate Caramel Crisp is better. Popcorn Candy Chip sounds better, just very basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Equil wrote: »
    Popcorn Candy Chip sounds better, just very basic.

You can't even taste the popcorn because it's caramelised, which is a bit of a shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Very very disappointed in these. Dry, hard and overall rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I got a pack of caramel crisp ones in Tesco last week for 50c. I was surprised they were so cheap - now I know why, they're disgusting. Dry, powdery and almost completely tasteless. They weren't even worth 50c tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Vernonymous

Craving for Chips Ahoy now..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Just back from the US, Got a pack of Reece's Peanut butter cup double chocolate chip Chips Ahoy - Every bit as delicious as they sound :)

Advertisement