Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What dog bed???

• 20-11-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Serious question here, I'm very confused. What does your dog sleep on at night?

Up until now we've had Sheeba on two,one on top of the other, memory foam dog bed mattresses from home store and more. They have been perfect, I've felt she couldn't of been more comfortable as I also added three pillows around the edges of them for her to lean against. My only compliant is she loves to lick them its a texture thing I think and that they aren't very washable as they take ages to dry. So between her licking and getting them wet after walks\swims they stink ( sorta smell like the pound nearly :( )

So I got vet bed thinking it would be a good substitute and washable. I also got a thick yoga matt folded it and put it under it to try add some pressure relief I guess.... So I sat in it as you do and I'm so disaapointed . its no where near as soft as the memory foam she was on. Sheeba is 8 or 9 so I want her to be as comfy as possible with age starting to creep into our heads.

Anyone know of a memory foam dog bed with a water proof cover or something I could diy up? We had for our old dog a leatherette dog bed which was great as if was wipable and water resistant but of course she hates leather

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Try the hi k9 beds. They are raised beds and you can get lovely comfy cosy fleece sleeves to go on them as well.

All my Rotties have those beds and they are great.

You can buy them on dogfooddirect.ie. They are a bit pricy but worth every cent. They last ages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

keaves wrote: »
    Serious question here, I'm very confused. What does your dog sleep on at night?

Up until now we've had Sheeba on two,one on top of the other, memory foam dog bed mattresses from home store and more. They have been perfect, I've felt she couldn't of been more comfortable as I also added three pillows around the edges of them for her to lean against. My only compliant is she loves to lick them its a texture thing I think and that they aren't very washable as they take ages to dry. So between her licking and getting them wet after walks\swims they stink ( sorta smell like the pound nearly :( )

So I got vet bed thinking it would be a good substitute and washable. I also got a thick yoga matt folded it and put it under it to try add some pressure relief I guess.... So I sat in it as you do and I'm so disaapointed . its no where near as soft as the memory foam she was on. Sheeba is 8 or 9 so I want her to be as comfy as possible with age starting to creep into our heads.

Anyone know of a memory foam dog bed with a water proof cover or something I could diy up? We had for our old dog a leatherette dog bed which was great as if was wipable and water resistant but of course she hates leather

Hey Keaves,

Have you heard of the raised beds? They are meant to be great for the older doggies. Depending on the size of your lady you may want to get a smaller or larger size..

http://dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/products/hik9-reversible-pad-large/

Hope this helps.

andreac wrote: »
    Try the hi k9 beds. They are raised beds and you can get lovely comfy cosy fleece sleeves to go on them as well.

All my Rotties have those beds and they are great.

You can buy them on dogfooddirect.ie. They are a bit pricy but worth every cent. They last ages too.

LOL Andrea, as I'm typing it your getting in there. Ill have to keep my eyes on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭keaves

Yeah I've had her on a raised bed that I made ( I like a bit of diy) and I honestly can't remember why I put it in the shed... So a raised bed maybe with the vet bed on top maybe?

Yeah I've had her on a raised bed that I made ( I like a bit of diy) and I honestly can't remember why I put it in the shed... So a raised bed maybe with the vet bed on top maybe?

She'll be like the princess and the pea! What ever makes her comfortable is the way i'd go TBH. I have heard great things about the raised beds though. Just waiting for my two to eat their current beds before I move them across... Should happen any time now. They currently have foam beds with a large snuggly Fleece blankey on top for snuggles!

• Advertisement

Haha surprisingly these memory foam beds have survived all foster dogs and puppys chewing and they all love them. Can often sneak in and find them conked out on them and poor sheebs on the floor cus she can't fit in the crates where the other dogs beds do be! Right we'll go back to the raised bed and see how it goes! I think im just finding iut hard to part with the memory foam as it is so soft, its just so hard to wash and dry or is that just me?

Haha surprisingly these memory foam beds have survived all foster dogs and puppys chewing and they all love them. Can often sneak in and find them conked out on them and poor sheebs on the floor cus she can't fit in the crates where the other dogs beds do be! Right we'll go back to the raised bed and see how it goes! I think im just finding iut hard to part with the memory foam as it is so soft, its just so hard to wash and dry or is that just me?

I found the memory foam ones to be a mare to wash and dry properly. Some of them just didn't dry right and would up kind of curled up inside (if that makes sense) Also took a age to dry after a good wash too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

The raised bed with a vet bed on top sounds like the best idea, but if you are attached to the memory foam, have you seen covers like these?

http://www.donedeal.ie/petaccessories-for-sale/xxl-large-waterproof-dog-bed-pet/8103356

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

How about a waterproof beanbag bed?

Rips wrote: »
    The raised bed with a vet bed on top sounds like the best idea, but if you are attached to the memory foam, have you seen covers like these?

http://www.donedeal.ie/petaccessories-for-sale/xxl-large-waterproof-dog-bed-pet/8103356

Those covers actually look great! Thinking maybe one of them with new memory foam inside it...and probably vet bed on top:o. Great price too! Ive a few options now to try! The raised bed is coming out of the shed tomorrow for a retrial!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Am I in the minority? Mine sleep on the comfy chairs in the sitting room - as soon as it's around 11pm and I'm not in my chair my girl is, with an expression of 'off to bed with ye, it's my turn now.'

If she liked leather sofas Im sure she would be and there would be no issue with it! She does get into my bed after I leave for work, its like shes rubbing it in that I have to go and she gets to snooze and stretch :rolleyes:

Advertisement