Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro A50 gaming headset gen 1 model

Options
  • 20-11-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi folks,

for those of you that have these, how happy with them are you, any niggles you don't like?
    With the release of the 2014 edition (gen 2) models, the previous ones (gen 1) have fallen in price to 220 euros, a nice reduction, and I'm on the fence as to get a gen 1 or maybe gen 2.
    Can anyone persuade me either way? ;-)
    Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Hi folks,

for those of you that have these, how happy with them are you, any niggles you don't like?
    With the release of the 2014 edition (gen 2) models, the previous ones (gen 1) have fallen in price to 220 euros, a nice reduction, and I'm on the fence as to get a gen 1 or maybe gen 2.
    Can anyone persuade me either way? ;-)
    Thanks...

I have the first gen for around a year, I love them, battery life is around 8 hours, setup is simple, light weight, comfortable, zero interference, crystal clear voice and speakers, the a40s are supposed to be every bit as good if not better, if the wires dont bother you, think they are 170!

Tried the turtle beach xp510 for 2 weeks before returning them for the a50 and they werent a patch on the astros,

If ya can afford em defo go for them/a40

Advertisement