Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twins party present query

Options
  • 20-11-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Have our twins going to their first birthday party tomorrow afternoon. They are beyond excited. Just wondering should I be bringing two presents, one from each of them as when their party is on next month I guess those coming would not just bring a pressie for one of them. Any ideas, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

2 guests = 2 presents. IMHO.

Saying that though, I would keep the presents cheapish...especially if it's actually you paying for them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No, they are from one family so one present.
    Presents are not a necessity just a token gesture,we would much rather see the kids coming to a party then have them bring presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭dockleaf

Doubt if it matters too much as mostly parents don't take too much notice but I'd err on the side of caution and bring two. When one of mine goes to a twins birthday party, she brings two presents.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Going to a twin party, yes a present to each child. Going as a twin guest, one present. A couple going to a wedding doesn't bring two presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

They may be twins but they're also individuals so each should get a present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

I would be of the same opinion as moonbeam, more than happy just to have the kids at the party but I do think its expected you bring some token or gift. I always limit it to €10 max. Probably best to bring two small presents and then count the amount of boys in their class this year and go ouch:)

deisemum wrote: »
    They may be twins but they're also individuals so each should get a present.

Agree 100% they're individuals...try telling them that sometimes though :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Going to a twins birthday then 2 presents but twins going to a party then 1.
    I understood the op had twins going to a birthday party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

thomasm wrote: »
    Have our twins going to their first birthday party tomorrow afternoon. They are beyond excited. Just wondering should I be bringing two presents, one from each of them as when their party is on next month I guess those coming would not just bring a pressie for one of them. Any ideas, thanks

if they were just siblings rather than twins and both were invited what would you do?

i know when my brother and i attended a party together we would bring one gift,

Just to update, bought 2 presents and as the parents were saying thank you they also said no way should I have bought two as that would not be expected in their mind at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

If you had 2 or 3 silblings going to a party they would only bring one present???

lashofeye wrote: »
    If you had 2 or 3 silblings going to a party they would only bring one present???

How I'm looking at it is that I'm trying to be fair. If I buy one present and then that child comes to the lads party they probably wont only bring along a present for one of the twins. In my head these thing always should kinda balance out in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've twins myself and we always either get two presents or 1 larger present when going to a birthday party.

Advertisement