Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go on, be honest !

• 20-11-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭

Love looking at all the fabulous goodies bought by you all. I was checking my own wardrobe today and found 4 items that still have the tags on :eek:
    I have 2 dresses, 1 cardi and 1 jacket that I bought but never actually wore.
    Be honest ladies, do you wear everything you buy?
    Do you have any items in your wardrobe with the tags still on ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

jos28 wrote: »
    Love looking at all the fabulous goodies bought by you all. I was checking my own wardrobe today and found 4 items that still have the tags on :eek:

God yeah. Sometimes I resurrect them and demote them to work wear but more often that not I cannot understand why I bought them in the first instance and they end up in a charity bag. I've been much better in recent years though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

uhm no? If I buy something I nearly wear it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I used to be terrible for that, buying something in a sale because it was a 'bargain', but I just don't do it anymore. I've also given up on the idea of keeping stuff for 'good wear' - the only think I buy and keep for an unspecified occasion is shoes, I can't resist a gorgeous pair of strangely coloured high heeled shoes, and some of them only get worn a couple of times, but hey it's my little indulgence :)
    The charity shop has done well out of me and my silly buys over the years but not anymore, everything I buygets worn to death now :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was a demon for that (still would be if I had any money). I'd buy a pile of cheap stuff off boohoo.com and just keep it all. There'd be "incentive dresses" ('oh, that'll fit when I lose 10lbs'), "work dresses" ('if I start working in a formal environment, I'll need this'), all sorts of shyte. When we emigrated, I couldn't fathom how much I had to sell or give away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Sounds like I am not alone :D
    I am much better than I used to be, I don't put as much 'tagged' stuff into the charity bag. It's mainly online purchases from Boohoo or Everything5pounds that I'm stuck with. It's not worth the postage to send them back. - that's how they make their money I suppose !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

No you are certainly not alone with this. You know what, you name an item and I'll have something never worn out; tags off though; but worse though are the countless items that no longer fit as they're too big on me now.

No, I don't wear or even use everything I buy or have bought in the past,
    You are real lucky though with just 4-items,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Yay Kerry, well done on having clothes that are too big for you. We should all make it a New Year resolution to only but things we will REALLY wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Yay Kerry, well done on having clothes that are too big for you. We should all make it a New Year resolution to only but things we will REALLY wear!

Thank You :)

Yeah I have started that already & it does really feel so much better so it does : is this something that I need or just something that I want right now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Just of what I know without checking I have 9 dresses 4 jackets 2 cardigans and 4 pairs of shoes 1 pair of boots an endless supply of junk jewelry and God knows what else. The worse thing about it is I still think I've nothing to wear when it comes to a night out! Mind you some of the dresses are too big for me now I should really just sell them.

Advertisement