Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio Wndows 7 64 bit Wireless Problems

Options
  • 20-11-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I uninstalled Windows 8.1 from my Son Vaio SVE152B1E and installed Windows 7 64bit.
    I installed the Ateros Wireless driver from the Sony Support website and although it appered to be installed I can't see or connect to my network,

I dont see the icon in the bottom right to browse or connect to a network.

Any ideas?
    Any help is very much appreciated,

Joe Dunne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭EganTheMan

I actually had a similar problem, the other day, with a Dell Inspiron that I bought with Windows 8 on it.

I can't get my head around it at all and decided to put Windows 7 on it.

However, Dell Support only provided support for the Laptop whilst Windows 8 was installed on it i.e. drivers are for Windows 8 etc.

I sorted it by:

Get a Linux Live Bootable disc e.g. Ubuntu etc. and "Live Boot" the machine from it. . .

It may identify the Atheros Chipset a little more "Generally / Specifically" for you allowing you to try different drivers . .

It would mean that you are getting the drivers directly from Atheros Website . .

Hope this helps

Advertisement