Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google AdWords

Options
  • 20-11-2014 8:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

Can anyone give me info on AdWords? How does it work? I'm thinking of using it but first need some info. Am I right in saying that it's between $0.30 - $3 per 10,000 hits?
    Not sure if that's even right.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

IDencI wrote: »
    Can anyone give me info on AdWords? How does it work? I'm thinking of using it but first need some info. Am I right in saying that it's between $0.30 - $3 per 10,000 hits?
    Not sure if that's even right.
    Thanks in advance

It depends......

Really simply (and I mean really simply....)

You create an account and you select keywords that you want, when someone searches on them, your ad to appear. If someone searches for 'red shoes' then you can 'bid' to have you ad appear in those search results.

Where your ads appear in the results (on top or the side or in what position from one to ten) depends on how much you're prepared to bid for that word AND a myriad of other complexities - your keyword relevance, your ad, your landing page etc - all make up a quality score (algorithm).

Anyhow.. back to your question - you can bid in two/few ways - pay per click (PPC) where you div up when your ad is clicked or pay per thousand views of your ad (which is confusingly called CPM) - you pay onece a thousand views are reached.

It depends on what your end game is - clicks, conversions (another bid type), eyeballs (better for branding).

So, there are no hard and fast rules as to the numbers ($'s) as its dependent on the keyword/competition etc.

C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭IDencI

and what's the difference then between AdWords and AdSense??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Adwords: you bid on keywords and you are an 'advertiser'

AdSence - you put code on your own site which allows google to place ads there and you get paid each click or 1000 views. in that case you are a "publisher".

C

blue4ever wrote: »
    Adwords: you bid on keywords and you are an 'advertiser'

AdSence - you put code on your own site which allows google to place ads there and you get paid each click or 1000 views. in that case you are a "publisher".

C
    So AdSence is how your website earns money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

IDencI wrote: »
    So AdSence is how your website earns money?

Well, one way you can automate it - it's not paved with gold - about €7 per 1000 visitors I'd estimate

• Advertisement

IRE60 wrote:
    Well, one way you can automate it - it's not paved with gold - about €7 per 1000 visitors I'd estimate

That's actually a surprisingly good payout! I'm assuming tax is paid on this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

VAT Is applied in that - ie that's inc vat. then your own private/corporate tax kicks in however you want to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jackluter

Google adwords are helpful to provide traffic to your site in less period of time by paying to google.Its also known as PPC(pay per click)which refers that we have to pay google when their is click to the site.Through google adwords you can attract more customers,reach the targeted people at correct time and also found in both local as well as global.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭guitarrrszz

IRE60 wrote: »

a CPM of €7 is quite high most around 2-4 depending on the niche. there is a lot of good info on blackhatworld dot com about building adsense money generating website if your into that

i would link but im a new user and post links

Advertisement