Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Indian Take Away in Dublin 7/8

Options
  • 20-11-2014 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

I don't want this to sound la-de-da but I have some (small) idea of what good Indian food tastes like. I'm not looking for food like the ex-mother-in-law used to make (as I think mine used to contain poison) but just a decent takeaway that delivers.

Any suggestions in D7/8 - Bombay to go a few years back had a great chef (Green herb lamb to die for) but sadly it changed hands.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Spice and Rice on Clanbrassil St do some pretty tasty food, big menu, free rice and I've always found their delivery to be pretty quick )around 20-30 mins to Harold's Cross).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Konkan on upper clanbrassil is amazing - loads of bridgestones on the door! Worth the trip up to sit in too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Spice and Rice have a place on Dorset St too.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Spice and rice on clanbrassil Street is the best Indian takeaway i know in Dublin 8. Living in the area over 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Namaste in Smithfield is miles ahead of Spice and Rice IMHO. Spice and Rice is far too tomato-y for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Namaste in Smithfield is miles ahead of Spice and Rice IMHO. Spice and Rice is far too tomato-y for me.

That's my current haunt!

Thanks for all the input guys going to try a few and report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

normally go to spice and rice in dorset st but namaste was ina different league.
    Its also cheaper to call them with the order rather than go through justeat.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's always cheaper to order directly with the restaurant/take away, I seem to find the delivery charges are always over estimated on Just Eat.ie and only order from them if I don't have cash on me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Gills Tandoori at Hanlon's Corner is pretty good.

JupiterKid wrote: »

I've never been brave enough to eat there. Always considered it dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've never been brave enough to eat there. Always considered it dirty.

It just looks so dodge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JupiterKid wrote: »

+1
    I ordered from there through Just-Eat and was pleasantly surprised.

spurious wrote: »
    +1
    I ordered from there through Just-Eat and was pleasantly surprised.

Was it buy a vindaloo and get a free dehli belly? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Was it buy a vindaloo and get a free dehli belly? :)

Nah - I'm a fan of paneer and not many places do it, so it will have been that that made me order from them initially. It was fine.

spurious wrote: »
    Nah - I'm a fan of paneer and not many places do it, so it will have been that that made me order from them initially. It was fine.

i had to google paneer :D

Namaste - Good solid 7/10
    Spice and Rice again solid - 7/10

Just dropped €40 and with a 75 minute wait for Konkan :eek: - will report back. Ordering was a very pleasant experience I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Not sure if it counts as Dublin 8, but Siri on Lord Edward Street is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I tend to order from Medina Desai on Mary St Dublin 1 tho I live very close to Clanbrassil Street. I've found few better Indian restaurants in Dublin.

Konkan 9/10 very very nice!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement