Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Service

Options
  • 20-11-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I don't normally vent my anger on-line but need to say it somewhere so I can sleep in peace. Signed up for the Eircom Broadband and TV package last September and don't think we have had a week yet without a problem.

Firstly it was just very slow broadband speeds even though we are on E-fibre given I know the problems were only on the wifi we were struggling some evenings to stream an episode on netflix without it freezing even though there was only a laptop and two phones connected along with the chromecast to display it on the tv. After numerous calls to customer care this has still to be rectified.

Next we had an issue with our second bill in which we were overcharged 8 euro. and after two phone calls and two promises that the money will be credited back into our account immediatly this has yet to happen.

Then settling down to watch tv on a saturday morning 2 weeks ago the tv went blank and we were without broadband and tv due to a line problem until the following Tuesday evening.

And now after sitting down to watch tv for the first time this week I turn on the box to find no picture on the screen only sound and the menu options e.g tv guide and planner. but alas can watch nothing only hear the sound.

This has gone beyond a joke at this stage and can only at this stage warn anyone thinking of going with Eircom to have a second think about it.

Rant over (for Now)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

sward071 wrote: »
    I don't normally vent my anger on-line but need to say it somewhere so I can sleep in peace. Signed up for the Eircom Broadband and TV package last September and don't think we have had a week yet without a problem.

Firstly it was just very slow broadband speeds even though we are on E-fibre given I know the problems were only on the wifi we were struggling some evenings to stream an episode on netflix without it freezing even though there was only a laptop and two phones connected along with the chromecast to display it on the tv. After numerous calls to customer care this has still to be rectified.

Next we had an issue with our second bill in which we were overcharged 8 euro. and after two phone calls and two promises that the money will be credited back into our account immediatly this has yet to happen.

Then settling down to watch tv on a saturday morning 2 weeks ago the tv went blank and we were without broadband and tv due to a line problem until the following Tuesday evening.

And now after sitting down to watch tv for the first time this week I turn on the box to find no picture on the screen only sound and the menu options e.g tv guide and planner. but alas can watch nothing only hear the sound.

This has gone beyond a joke at this stage and can only at this stage warn anyone thinking of going with Eircom to have a second think about it.

Rant over (for Now)
    Hi sward071
    we will certainly look into this for you. Given the number of people signed up to eVision we see very few messages like this. If you send on details ( line and account no.) we will have tech investigate.
    Tony

Advertisement